View Poll Results: Is it legal to have a loaded firearm inside your tent while camping on crown land?

Voters
237. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

193 81.43%
  • No

44 18.57%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it legal???

Re: Is it legal???

Here's noob's 2 cents.

If you're in a place where you're worried about being caught by some authority person with having a loaded firearm in your tent, then I would imagine there are more authorities than bears in the area.

I think it comes down to safe firearm storage. Is it safe to be asleep with a fully loaded firearm in your tent, that you are effectively leaving unattended? I would think not.
    I am a totally cluless newbie. My hunting knowledge consists of Step1) Go in to the woods Step2) Shoot a deer... and that's it. I would like to learn some basic skills so I will be ready for the Fall 2010 season, and am taking steps to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by limit time View Post
    I bet they would charge (or try to ) with poaching.

It's perfectly legal to shoot a predatory animal that is attacking you in defense of your life. Cougars, bears, wolves and yotes are all fair game if they are trying to make a snack of you. As long as you disclose it you are okay...if you kill it and try to hide it and they find out, then your entire character comes into question, and everything you say will be looked upon with doubt.
    Ask me no questions and I will tell you no lies.
    Support www.residentpriority.ca

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckShooter View Post
    Lowering the corporate tax rates is a good thing, it gives corporations more profits so they can afford to give employees raises and other perks. OR if the company is on the brink of financial disaser it can help to keep those jobs for a while longer.

"residence" means
    (a) a building or part of it, or a trailer, camper, manufactured home, tent or vessel that is genuinely and actually occupied and used by the owner, lessee or tenant solely as a
    (i) private dwelling,
    (ii) private guest room in a hotel, motel, auto court, lodging house, boarding house or club, or
    (iii) private summer dwelling, or a private dwelling or living place used during vacation periods or a private lodge, or
    (b) a building or part of it designated by the general manager in a permit or other document as a private dwelling

So according to that, it is a residence...idgaf anyways cause alive and wrong beats dead and right everyday and twice on Sundays.

Lowering the corporate tax rates is a good thing, it gives corporations more profits so they can afford to give employees raises and other perks. OR if the company is on the brink of financial disaser it can help to keep those jobs for a while longer.

Quote Originally Posted by BOOTS! View Post
    Here's noob's 2 cents.

If you're in a place where you're worried about being caught by some authority person with having a loaded firearm in your tent, then I would imagine there are more authorities than bears in the area.

I think it comes down to safe firearm storage. Is it safe to be asleep with a fully loaded firearm in your tent, that you are effectively leaving unattended? I would think not.
    I agree with your first statement, but not your second. Here's some good reading if you want to know why. No doubt caution is in order with ANY loaded rifle.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...hlight=grizzly
    Pretend hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by MuleyMadness View Post
    "residence" means
    (a) a building or part of it, or a trailer, camper, manufactured home, tent or vessel that is genuinely and actually occupied and used by the owner, lessee or tenant solely as a
    (i) private dwelling,
    (ii) private guest room in a hotel, motel, auto court, lodging house, boarding house or club, or
    (iii) private summer dwelling, or a private dwelling or living place used during vacation periods or a private lodge, or
    (b) a building or part of it designated by the general manager in a permit or other document as a private dwelling
    No distinction between temporary or permanent
    How private is a tent on public lands ?

then add the part you omitted
    together with the land appurtenant to it that is essential or appropriate for the convenient use, occupation and enjoyment of a private dwelling or private summer dwelling;
    Points to titled or permitted lands maybe ?
    Maybe applies to a pay-for-use site
    But a temporary tent in the wilderness ?
    Last edited by boxhitch; 01-30-2010 at 11:34 PM.
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Quote Originally Posted by sammy-j-peppers View Post
    I was talking with a few guys at work about this one and no one could agree on the answer. I have already contacted the Co's RCMP and the head of firearms canada a few months ago and they all gave me the same answer. Just wondering how many guys on here know...... Ill give this one some time before I give the answer.
    Not sure why anyone even asks this ? Are you just bored or maybe ???????????

HAW HAW HAW

Good one....

I'm envisioning the rifle jumping up from beside your sleeping bag and start shooting people...
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Question Re: Is it legal???

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    No distinction between temporary or permanent
    How private is a tent on public lands ?

then add the part you omitted
    Points to titled or permitted lands maybe ?
    Maybe applies to a pay-for-use site
    But a temporary tent in the wilderness ?
    Sorry I didn't mean to omit anything...I actually don't have an opinion on it either way, was just pasting the info from the link that was posted earlier...however

living place used during vacation periods

That to me is what makes me think the law sees it as a residence, unless they are actually indicating 'private living place used during vacation periods' it would omit a tent in the woods...however they didn't use the word private in that portion of the statement, yet they used it in the remainder.

What it comes down to is...I have no goddamn clue if it's legal or not, even after reading the law lol...I choose protection, and iIFit is a private residence, I guess any CO or RCMP officer would require a search warrant to enter it, because they need have probable cause to enter it otherwise, and as there is no proof you are doing anything illegal, NOR any proof you have a stored firearm, then I guess it's something of a moot point.

Question Re: Is it legal???

Here's noob's 2 cents.

Sleep well, you know you wont fart and your gun wont kill you
    We all know about air triggers

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    HAW HAW HAW

Good one....

I'm envisioning the rifle jumping up from beside your sleeping bag and start shooting people...
    Happens all the time

Anyone who hunts and sleeps in remote areas should ask a couple of members on this site if they think a loaded gun is necessary