View Poll Results: Is it legal to have a loaded firearm inside your tent while camping on crown land?

Voters
237. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

193 81.43%
  • No

44 18.57%
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it legal???

Hybrid View

Is it legal???

Last edited by sammy-j-peppers; 06-12-2012 at 11:26 AM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Is it legal???

i would have to say yes, no diff then a hunting blind...

When sleeping in Grizz country one would be stupid to not have a loaded gun at the ready but I doubt you are allowed to have one loaded at the ready.....you might walk out of reach and then someone bent on breaking the law take it.
    Originally Posted by Gatehouse "I don't worry about the trim on rifle scopes. Probably because I have never caught the ghey."

Im guessing you got 3 different answers
    Quote Originally Posted by burger View Post
    Sorry Ozone you are correct

If you are in an area where it is legal to discharge a firearm, it's legal to have a loaded firearm, s long as it is under your control. (You can't leave an unattended, loaded firearm in your tent)

The exceptions to this would be if there are other, specific laws that prohibit it (such as in your truck)
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    If you are in an area where it is legal to discharge a firearm, it's legal to have a loaded firearm, s long as it is under your control. (You can't leave an unattended, loaded firearm in your tent)

The exceptions to this would be if there are other, specific laws that prohibit it (such as in your truck)

From the rcmp-grc,

UNLOADED non-restricted firearms can be kept unlocked:
    temporarily if needed to control animal predators in an area where firearms can lawfully be fired ( amunition must be kept separate or locked up); or
    in a remote wildernesss area (ammunition may be kept readily accessible).

As far as i can tell it can not be in the gun! Like Gatehouse say if you are lawfully hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by limit time View Post
    From the rcmp-grc,

temporarily if needed to control animal predators in an area where firearms can lawfully be fired ( amunition must be kept separate or locked up); or
    That is storage.

If you are present it is not storage and it's under your supervision and it can be loaded and sitting in your tent.

[QUOTE]As far as i can tell it can not be in the gun! Like Gatehouse say if you are lawfully hunting./QUOTE]

You dont' have to be hunting to have a loaded firearm in your possession. You just ned to be somewhere that it is legal to discharge a firearm.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

[quote=Gatehouse;616285]That is storage.

If you are present it is not storage and it's under your supervision and it can be loaded and sitting in your tent.

As far as i can tell it can not be in the gun! Like Gatehouse say if you are lawfully hunting./QUOTE]

You dont' have to be hunting to have a loaded firearm in your possession. You just ned to be somewhere that it is legal to discharge a firearm.
    Yes..but when you sleep you are not attending, so it must be unloaded?

Quote Originally Posted by limit time View Post
    From the rcmp-grc,

As far as i can tell it can not be in the gun! Like Gatehouse say if you are lawfully hunting.
    I think this is for coyotes and dogs on a farm or predators at a community pasture(remote, wilderness)

SHAKER is offline Hound dawger reborn......

Ask my friend brambles about that question LOL. My tent is my property if you don't have a warrent then go away!
    The thread stopper!