Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Detune Excalibur

Re: Detune Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by hardnocks View Post
    i think maybe you should take in a 3d shoot . unless crossbow shooters are allowed to use a rest they don`t do very good against compound shooters.
    They don`t do well against the coumpounders because 90% of a 3-d shot is distance estimation and 10% execution of form. lots of Modern archers are very good judging distance due to lots of dedecated practice and attendance of 3-d venues . Years ago i did a 3-d round with a crossbower and he only deadly when I provided the distance .
    REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab on --

Group Memberships.

Traditional Bowhunters of BC
    Abbotsford Fish and Game Club
    BCWF
    United Bowhunters of BC

What shoot have you been turned away from mike ? the only shoots i have been to that use fca rules were the bc champs. most local shoots have no speed rules or give a rats ass what speed you shoot. shoots in the ok valley have made crossbows welcome for about the last 5 years.
    not that it makes a difference we very seldom see one.

I was turned away just two weeks ago at the Abby 3d shoot. I talked to one of the people helping run it and he said I would be able to shoot at some of there shoots this year if I could slower down.
    Are we having fun yet?

we had a shoot last weekend had a excalibar shooter. also had a `guy shooting an 80 lb bowtec with a 32 in draw. i don`t really see the difference. come up to the interior we will let you shoot.

I was reading somewhere about a rinehart shoot up there I would like to come to. Depends on time and money, like everything else.
    Are we having fun yet?

or you could try the logan lake shoot . Its a good shoot and i am sure they would let crossbows in.

Bow Walker Guest

Mike, I agree with you when you say that a crossbow in the hands of an experienced shooter is very accurate.

But, as greybark put it so well, the shot execution is 90% yardage estimation, and 10% shooting skill.

So I stand by my statement.

as for the inheiritly accurate ....BW I am sorry .. you are wrong ... it is the equipment ....but still they are no more accurate than a compound bow ... you just have to do more tuning to the shooter with a compound bow, set peep height, proper draw lenth, anchor points etc ....X-Bow ...there is none of that except for setting up the scope ... even if its held differantly from person to person .. once the scope is set .. the hairs are on target .. you will hit that target ..not so with a compound bow .. across bow is very genaric while a compound bow is very personal (when it comes to setting up). end of the day ..

Do they not allow range finders at these shoots? I find it to be a big part of my shooting, both target and hunting. I have a mid-price-range finder and use it to glass with it on scan and find it makes everything go very smooth. I know yard estimation was a big part of old school bow hunting but as for ranging 30-50 yards I would not feel comfortable hunting that far out with out my finder. Laze-shoot-eat!!
    Are we having fun yet?

Bow Walker Guest

Usually there is only one (maybe two) shoots per year when range finders are allowed. They are classed as "Fun Shoots" and most times there is no "official" scoring done.

If you range the target at a regular 3D shoot - not even a sanctioned one - your score wil not be allowed to count for either prizes or ribbons.

I love old school!!!
    Are we having fun yet?