Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Detune Excalibur

Re: Detune Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by mikeinajeep View Post
    I know this is going to start a fight but we all need to get mad once in while. I am telling wife wife about this thread over dinner and she says "is it really about speeds and weights or or is it X-bow will win alot because they are more accurate?" Fighting words I know but it makes you think.
    Your only competing against other X-bows, so I don't see why you would care what your accuracy is compared to the compounds.

The only reason I see for them to limit speeds is to prevent target damage. To that end you would think that getting you to shoot heavier arrows would be counter productive.

-Grant

Quote Originally Posted by willyqbc View Post
    my understanding is that just recently x-bows became recognized by the FCA. From what i can gather they are now covered by the insurance covered with BCAA memberships, I doubt that would be the case unless they had been officially recognized by the National governing body. I'll check it for sure and get back on this but I'm pretty sure they are recognized now.

Chris
    I do beleive you are right Chris in respect to the FCA reconizing them ... for the 2010 set
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

My arrows go in deeper but don't make bigger holes in the targets, so I don't know if that is it.
    Are we having fun yet?

who the hell said this that would mean you need a 1100 grain arrow give me a break!!!!!!!!!
    keeping life simple

Triggr31 I agree that it is a silly number but it is the number! The rule is 5 grains per pound of draw. 5X225=1125 grains. That is the whole point of this tread, to find away to shoot my X-bow at 3D shoots. I got the excalibur because more or less everything I read and everyone I talked to said it was the best hunting X-bow in the world bar none. The only thing is I want to go shoot 3D to meet like minded people and learn to be a better shooter/hunter, and the excalibur seems to be to powerfull for that kind of shooting.
    Are we having fun yet?

Bow Walker Guest

I know this is going to start a fight but we all need to get mad once in while. I am telling wife wife about this thread over dinner and she says "is it really about speeds and weights or or is it X-bow will win alot because they are more accurate?" Fighting words I know but it makes you think.
    Nope - they're not inherently more accurate than any other archery equipment.

As has been pointed out many, many times (although not politically correct) "IT'S NOT THE ARROW - IT'S THE INDIAN".

In other words it's the shooter, not the equipment.

Bow walker I don't disagree completely BUT anyone who puts the cross-hairs of my X-bow on a target at 20 yards(with zero affect) will hit it everytime(or close to) that can't be said for a bow. My wife is living proof of that. I hate that now that I have typed it out. Makes it seem like X-bows are too easy.
    Are we having fun yet?

i think maybe you should take in a 3d shoot . unless crossbow shooters are allowed to use a rest they don`t do very good against compound shooters.

LOL I was wondering when you would show up hardnocks. I use the scout sniper cross arm stance for upright shooting, I think I will be ok with out a rest. But not really the point of this thread!
    Last edited by mikeinajeep; 01-29-2010 at 11:52 PM.
    Are we having fun yet?

Triggr31 I agree that it is a silly number but it is the number! The rule is 5 grains per pound of draw. 5X225=1125 grains. That is the whole point of this tread, to find away to shoot my X-bow at 3D shoots. I got the excalibur because more or less everything I read and everyone I talked to said it was the best hunting X-bow in the world bar none. The only thing is I want to go shoot 3D to meet like minded people and learn to be a better shooter/hunter, and the excalibur seems to be to powerfull for that kind of shooting.

that is a Bow rule specifically for Compound bows (the 5 GPP) was never intended for Crossbows as it was is just recently that Crossbows have come into acceptance as archery equipment in some jurisdictions (remember ... you cannot use a crossbow in archery seasons in many states and provinces in NA.

the IBO just created a Cross bow divistion a coulpe of years ago ... the FCA had a trial crossbow division at Nationals 2 years ago in Dauphin Manitoba ... I posted the IBO crossbow rules a few posts back ... the CDN FCA rules should be almost word for word to that effect as thats the typical stance of the FCA when it comes to 3D ...is to Follow suit with the IBO

as for the inheiritly accurate ....BW I am sorry .. you are wrong ... it is the equipment ....but still they are no more accurate than a compound bow ... you just have to do more tuning to the shooter with a compound bow, set peep height, proper draw lenth, anchor points etc ....X-Bow ...there is none of that except for setting up the scope ... even if its held differantly from person to person .. once the scope is set .. the hairs are on target .. you will hit that target ..not so with a compound bow .. across bow is very genaric while a compound bow is very personal (when it comes to setting up). end of the day ..

Mike has had his crossbow for what .. a couple of months and is pounding the x-ring ... One of the Best compound shooters in the world (Jesse Broadwater) has been at it for well over 15 years shoots over 500 arrows a day (because he can and is paid to do so) cant shoot more than 9 xs in a row at Vegas shoot off. One of the Best 3D shooters in North America (Micheal Brayden) has been at it for over 20 years ... and cant hit the 14 ring every shot.... Its not that they are accurate .... its that they are easy ... My first expiriance with a crossbow I shot a Vegas 300 round in my driveway from 18 meters ... I scored a 300 22X ... the very first time I picked one up, Because i know how to shoot a rifle accuratly (ie: stance, breathing etc...) .... the best I have ever shot with a compound is a 300 14X after almost 10 years of shooting .. and that was just a couple years ago
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask