Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 3D Rinehart Shoot !!!! Dates are Firm

Re: 3D Rinehart Shoot !!!! Dates are Firm

I'm also hoping to camp there so I'm interested in the pending information. There's lots of talk here about this shoot, too, and I believe there will be several shooters attending from Grand Forks.

Heartland / Hardcore 3D Camping info
    May 8/9th 2010
    reservation contact and info

1-250-808-8849
    joanne@heartlandkelowna.ca

So I guess that answers the question about non expensive camping. $50.00 for my trailer is a little steep. Hope you have a good shoot. Mike
    Last edited by oldtimer; 04-24-2010 at 07:54 PM.
    "You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try" Beverly Sills

Quote Originally Posted by willyqbc View Post
    Well I sure would like to see the R-100 come to B.C. and I do think you could draw the rquired 400+ shooters, but if you need to show rhineheart 400+ shooters at your local shoot before they will come......well I just don't see that happening in B.C. anytime soon.

Some words of advice if I may, one of the most important things you folks can do as a group is get out and support other clubs in a very visible way, if you do not they will not support you. As an example the club in Quesnel used to put up to 40 shooters on the ground for the 100 Mile house shoot, over time as year after year went by with noone from their club supporting ours, that number has dwindled to just a few every year that may still go. Point is, if you want to grow your shoot you need to get out in numbers and network with folks from other clubs. People are quite fickle nowadays and really pick and choose which shoots they attend and the ones they attend have less to do with quality of the shoot and more to do with the social aspect of getting together with friends they have made.

Bowhunter Bruce....last year the clubs from V-hoof, P.G., Quesnel, and Williams Lake got together and had some real honest discussions about what folks liked or did not like about each others shoots, from that we kind of came up with some "best practices" to increase attendance at a 3D shoot. If you are interested, I would be happy to share that info with you. Shoot me an email at mascqbc@telus.net if you're interested.

Chris
    wasnt some of those "best practices" raising the cost of entry fees? especially for families and children? just asking. being the past president of our club i seem to remember that was one of the "ideas".
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by huntwriter It seems the "BS" worked just fine for me. But it's no problem you do what works for you I do what works for me

hunting, fishing, wheeling, arrow flinging, gun shooting, loving it all
    proud supporter of the browning and A.P.A. killing club

CHris , At No time Have I ever see 40 shooters in 100 Mile From Quesnel. 100 Mile Has been Boycotted By some Quesnel and Williamas Lake Members BEcause they didnt want to raise the fee's to $35.00 from the $30.00 that Quesnel, Prin Geo, Williams Lake and Vanderhoof Clubs Decided On. I was the secratary Of the Williams Lake Club at that Time , and At the Executive Meeting It was brought Up to Raise the Cost of the Shoots, and Nothing Concrete had been decided at that Meeting.To The best of My knowledge The representive from our Club did so with out the Full Vote of our Executive.

!00 Mile Has Always Done their own thing. They are Mostly Traditional Club with some Compound shooters as well. They Just want every body to Have a good time and have some Fun. No They don't Have the Best Targets , No some of the shots arn't the Best set ups, No some times the dinner isn't that Great,no there isn't a Bunch of elite shooters there, There is some (Canadian Indoor and Outdoor 3D recurve Champs) But every one there has a Good time.

Raising Costs is a sure way to Chase people away. Most people Have to travel to Go to Shoots, and to a Family with two kids $5. or 10.00 More Means a lot especially If they spent 200 On fuel,a stop at Mikey D's on the way, a Hundred or so for entry , including spot shots , extra rounds,10.00 each on the supper. that's Pushing $500.00 , to travel an Hour or 1 1/2 , to a shoot. People just can't afford spend that Kind of money every weekend.

If you have to Spend a Big Dollar to Attract People, then Turn around and raise the cost of admission to Offset it, then their shooting them selves in the foot.

The Bottom Line is Make it Affordable, Just my opinion
    Last edited by Bigbear; 04-18-2010 at 03:09 PM.
    My worst day of Hunting is better than my best day at Work.

recently at our indoor, i decided to shoot only one day. the cost to shoot one day, 2 rounds was 20 bucks. if i had of shot the sat, it was 3 rnds. the cost still was going to be 20 bucks. so i get to shoot less rounds on sunday. the cost for the weekend was (i believe) 35 dollars. so one would think that if your shooting less than half the weekend you should have to pay at the most half wouldnt one think? 100 mile house charges 5 bucks a round for a two day. as many rounds as you want. sat or sunday. they have some fun shoots even at the indoor. they have a system where even the people who only shoot one day have a chance to compete. its laid back its fun and i seem to think that affordability, and a good time make a shoot worth going to. it seems to me that to up the costs for these shoots is definately a step in the wrong direction.

again this is just my opinion, and in no way a dig. just ones opinion.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by huntwriter It seems the "BS" worked just fine for me. But it's no problem you do what works for you I do what works for me

hunting, fishing, wheeling, arrow flinging, gun shooting, loving it all
    proud supporter of the browning and A.P.A. killing club

CHris , At No time Have I ever see 40 shooters in 100 Mile From Quesnel. 100 Mile Has been Boycotted By some Quesnel and Williamas Lake Members BEcause they didnt want to raise the fee's to $35.00 from the $30.00 that Quesnel, Prin Geo, Williams Lake and Vanderhoof Clubs Decided On. I was the secratary Of the Williams Lake Club at that Time , and At the Executive Meeting It was brought Up to Raise the Cost of the Shoots, and Nothing Concrete had been decided at that Meeting.To The best of My knowledge The representive from our Club did so with out the Full Vote of our Executive.
    Kelly, in response and will all due respect....the reason Quesnel shooters stopped going to hundred mile house is mostly due to the fact that in all the years I have been involved here in quesnel I have seen a total of maybe 10 shooters from 100 mile over a span of about 7 years. When Quesnel was putting upowards of 40 shooters down there in support of their shoot (I have pictures to prove the numbers) and they showed no support to us it pissed people off over the years. Add to that some of the other issues with the shoot you mentioned in your post and that is why folks stopped going. It had nothing to do with the other 4 clubs standardizing 3D shoots up here.
    In regards to that, at the time the clubs got together to look at standardizing these shoots the standard price for a 3D shoot was $35 for both indoor and outdoor shoots with the only exception being that Williams Lake indoor used to be $30. The package was not decided on by the representatives of the 4 clubs, it was just put together by them and sent back to each individual club to be voted on and accepted or declined....I can't speak to how that was handled with the Williams lake club though.

Chris
    "Do not go where the path may lead,
    go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

well its about time to bring this thread back up and back on track,we have been working diligently for the last month getting the coarse ready and laid out.not to mention organizing sponcers, prizes,cash challenges etc etc.with only a little over a week left before our inaugral shoot we feeling pretty stoked about it, yet realisticly optimistic about the turnout.
    our goal has always been to try to get the numbers here for the shoot so we could show rinehart that we here in bc can provide a destination place for them to bring the r100.into western canada for the first time.
    i believe that as a group we have done our part and although the venue we have chosen is providing a ton of stuff for us for free, camping is were they will make a few bucks from those that come and camp. heck if i had a big yard and i lived close to the venue i would offer it to those that wanted to be there for it but didnt have the extra funds for camping.at 20 bucks a night its still pretty cheap considering that there is even gonna be a pretty decent band on saturday night.i am planning on finding out about a tv for those that may wanna still watch the hockey playoffs considering the canucks are still in there.
    there has been noted that there is going to be a draw for a 10'x12'x5' framed wall tent or a bowtech captian compound bow.tickets are at 10 bucks each or 3 for 25.00.each ticket bought give you a chance at both prizes and anyone can buy them so amount sold will determine what that odds will be.both prizes are worth around a thousand bucks so a couple people have a great chance at a great investment.
    i do hope to see you all there and hope we have a great turnout.spread the word and remind those that know already and i look forward to accually meeting a few new hbc members.
    bruce
    i didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a friggin vegatarian

I am sure looking forward to this shoot! The weather looks like it might cooperate too! Can someone post a like to a map for directions please.

If anyone between Victoria and the shoot needs a ride I have one seat available...
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

looking forward to having ya here hermit.follow hwy 33 out of town towards big white.a short 10 min. out of rutland (7-11).just after the hairpin corner on your right you will see the heartland ranch sign.there will also be target type signs placed at stratigic locations for those outta towners comming our way.
    i didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a friggin vegatarian