Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 3D Rinehart Shoot !!!! Dates are Firm

Re: 3D Rinehart Shoot !!!! Dates are Firm

refering to other clubs shoots as sausage shoots . are you looking for their support ?

Its nice to see kelowna come back on board . and i hope you breath some new life into 3D in the valley.

If you think our shoot is a " sausage " shoot ( not exactly sure what that means but it doesn't sound complimentary ) I would ask you when was the last time you shot at Quesnel, Vanderhoof, Prince George, Williams Lake. ?
    Before you knock somebody elses shoot make sure yours measures up. Mike
    "You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try" Beverly Sills

Before this gets out of hand I just wanted to say that I appreciate any shoot I can go too. I am not sure what a sausage shoot is but I don't care as long as I can shoot some 3D or spots and I appreciate the clubs that host them. There time and effort should be rewarded in some way. So from me I want to say thanks.

I am sure there was no harm meant in that comment and I hope that Kelowna will be able to host two or three shoots a summer. Its a great place for family's to come camp and enjoy. Just like most 3D areas.

I am also looking forward to heading up to Williams lake shoot this summer. That sounds like it will be a great time. I will be building a house on Quesnel Lake at that time. We will be camping up there.

I am hoping Kelowna's shoots can be as good as the shoots up North so they might be able to host a Provincial event someday.

well Oldtimer beat me to it ... I read last nite about the sausage thing ... spent untill now triing to figure a way not to get my privilages revoked

What the kelowna Club is doing is by no means a new concept ... Camp Health Hope and Happiness west of Edmonton has been doing it for over 14 years now ... strictly as a Fundraiser .... last year 250 shooters brought in over 1000 bucks a peice in pledges(on average) to send disabled people from western canada to summer camp ... they have given away ATVs, Boats, $2500 cash shootoffs amoung many many other prizes all donated by outfits in western canada. Last time i was at that shoot I got an all inclusive bear camp hunt in Northern AB .... I gave it to a friend as i can hunt bear off my back porch, Had I known that Lee and Tiff were there the same time as my hunt I may have have gone with Scott just to hang out in camp, Mother of all Shoots is a tough shoot to stack up against, as is Medicine Hat Eagles nest in cypress hills ... I go there just for the food .... undergroud cooked pig and buffalo side, the nightly entertainment was pretty good at times too ...

I certainly hope this works out, dont get me wrong, Unfortunatly I probally wont make it as I will be in Vancouver on business for like a week in late april, I want to go to Willys puddle shoot, and I have a date in Edmonton for my Neices HS grad later in may and the Q-town shoot is at the end of May ...
    Last edited by Bowzone_Mikey; 02-28-2010 at 09:29 PM.
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

sausage shoots even has me stumped,after all for myself it has always been about myself being the best i can be when that shot is presented to me in hunting situations and supporting every other club through out this province in thier efforts.
    i do know that the main motivation behind this shoot is to bring as much attention to anyone new to the sport as well as to bring awareness to those that have thought about it yet were not exactly sure of the where to start.we will have a number of traditional bows there for useage by anyone who wants to give it a try for the first time and i'm hoping we set up a few compounds for newbies to shoot at the same time out at the practice range.its all about showing just how much fun can be had in a family setting where everyone in the family has fun ,after all this is the reason for doing it on mothers day weekend.
    by going with the rinehart targets it is a ways and means of promoting the fact that we are going to be doing everything within our power to bring the r-100 to bc.
    yes there are clubs all over the province that a select few volunteers help out ,doing set ups,dinners,burgers etc and we all appriecate the efforts that goes into running these events.
    this shoot, everyone that has a stake in it will have to set up thier own target/targets.this alone should bring out some major creativity as well as lessen the work load.at the same time having the shoot at a venue that is taking care of the food/drinks/camping mean the work loads on our better halfs that also help out, means they too can enjoy the festivities.
    this should allow us all to focus more time into making the over all event a great time for everyone
    bruce
    i didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a friggin vegatarian

Bow Walker Guest

"Sausage" shoots must mean that there will be a variety of sausages as an alternative to wieners for your hot dog enjoyment?!?...

okay guys please don't get stuck on (sausage) all i was saying is we are trying to bring it altogether as a family function and not that the other clubs don't but we are taking special care ,especially on mothers day to make it work. I'm sure you guys can appreciate that. I go to twenty or more shoots a year and enjoy all of them. so please don't make a negative out of a positive. I was not attacking the other shoots by any means and sorry it sounded as bad as it did to you guys .without a doubt you could pick my writing apart all day long . I do have pride though for how much work we are putting in to this. You know if other people have done this than so be it ,this will be another shoot to expand the archery world in the okanagan .
    keeping life simple

Bow Walker Guest

Expanding the archery world/enjoyment is always a laudable undertaking, and we applaud you for the effort(s).

But, we do (it seems) need someone to rake over the coals... and you did put yourself up as a candidate for that position when you typed/thought "sausage".

BowWalker

Is there a highlite shoot on the Island (3D) if we rallied a few troops and ventured in your general direction to partake ?

Thanx
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by triggr31 View Post
    okay guys please don't get stuck on (sausage) all i was saying is we are trying to bring it altogether as a family function and not that the other clubs don't but we are taking special care ,especially on mothers day to make it work. I'm sure you guys can appreciate that. I go to twenty or more shoots a year and enjoy all of them. so please don't make a negative out of a positive. I was not attacking the other shoots by any means and sorry it sounded as bad as it did to you guys .without a doubt you could pick my writing apart all day long . I do have pride though for how much work we are putting in to this. You know if other people have done this than so be it ,this will be another shoot to expand the archery world in the okanagan .
    Thanks for clearing that up .... for the record it wasnt the word "sausage" that set me off ...its the idea(or the impression conveyed ) that the kelowna group are the only ones that have thought of this concept .... I dont know if this is the point you were triing to make ... and in all Honesty I dont know much about BC shoots as since I have moved to BC I havent actually shot alot ..(my job requires me on weekends ... so I have to pick and choose carefully) If you folks would look slightly to the east ... you would see that most Weekend shoots are Family events Starting in January in Lethbridge at the "Ironman" and having at least one of these Major Family Shoots each month untill July when Provincial finals are
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask