Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Arrows

Arrows

Just wondering what arrows guys are using for there compound bows,I loking to get a few dozon I have not shot much over the last two years and want to get back into it. Last time I was shootng at 3d shoots I was not shooting well and was missing alot and breaking arrows so looking for somthing on the cheaper end till I get back to shooting form. I shooting a hoyte 60 pound at 28 inch draw weight.

not sure if it me but since I bought the bow I just can't seem to shoot it well. I hoping to get into somthing new soon

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Arrows

I would look at Gold Tip Expedition Hunters. They are a good arrow and are pretty resonable in price. IMHO.
    BC4Bowhunter

Gold tip ultralight 400 cut to 28" of carbon with mini blazers and an 80 grain glue-in tip will give you right around 310 grains and will be a good 3D arrow. If you want one arrow for everything adding an insert and 100 grain screw in will take you up to about 345 grains. If thats not heavy enough for you, you can even go to 125 grain broadhead and still be within the proper spine range for this arrow. Price is very reasonable as long as you don't go with the "pro's". should be able to pick up a dozen shafts for around $90 and gold tips have a great reputation for being very tough.

Just my opinion
    Chris
    "Do not go where the path may lead,
    go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Bow Walker Guest

I 3rd the votes for Gold Tip shafts. One of - if not the - toughest arrow on the market. The pricing on Gold Tip shafts is very reasonable too. Take a look http://www.goldtip.com/ you won't be disappointed.

As far as your bow not shooting well (after being stored for two years?) I'd guess that it is you, rather than the bow. Go to Boorman's and get it tuned to your personal specs and then start practising. Much cheaper than a brand new bow...and more satisfying too.

I will 4th the goldtips ...just not the ultalights. they are good shafts just not tough. if you miss they are broke.

Gotta respectfully disagree on the ultralights not being tough. I have shot these arrows for going on 6 years now and have had them survive some pretty bad wrecks. Over that time period through different bows I have usually been between 310-325fps so the arrows are definately moving when they connect with something they shouldn't. On one occasion I was at a shoot where there was a target of thin steel with a hole cut out for double points if you hit it, well I didn't hit it!! haha! When I got up to the target the point was buried in the thin plate, I reefed on it and the arrow came free with the point still stuck in the metal, several years and re-fletching jobs later that arrow is still in my quiver. I will say that the UL 600's my wife shoots aren't as sturdy as the 400's I shoot but they are still tough considering how light they are.

As always...just my opinion
    Chris
    Emerson

out and about in the thickets/maple ridge

another vote for the goldtips. great arrow and a great price. currently i am shooting their vapor pros and they shoot the same.

well chris i sure wish i could get some altralights from the same batch you do. lol i tried some ultralight excutters last year. i have never shot a more fragil shaft.

what i am shooting this year is easton st epics n-fused i have a short draw so am able to get my arrows to 304 grains.

Hey Hardnocks, the arrows i was talking about are the standard sized shaft. The x-cutters you have are vulnerable due to gold tip both trying to keep them light and making them a larger diameter....both of these result in a thinner wall making them more fragile. I can understand your issues with the x-cutters....try the standard size shafts you'll be much happier!!!

Chris
    Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by Bow Walker View Post
    I 3rd the votes for Gold Tip shafts. One of - if not the - toughest arrow on the market. The pricing on Gold Tip shafts is very reasonable too. Take a look http://www.goldtip.com/ you won't be disappointed.

As far as your bow not shooting well (after being stored for two years?) I'd guess that it is you, rather than the bow. Go to Boorman's and get it tuned to your personal specs and then start practising. Much cheaper than a brand new bow...and more satisfying too.

I do agree bow walker that the shooting is part me being rusty but ever since I bought the bow I never had hit shot the way I would like it to yet the bow I had before I could shoot realy well. I have had both boorman and specialty shooting sport set up my bow seem not to mater who sets it up. it a comfort factor with the bow i have now for some reason it felt good in the store but now that i have owned and shot it I am not that comfortable with it. becouse of the comfort ussue I did not bow hunt at all last year do to the fact the animal deserve more respect then just me going out and trying to hit it I want to know I can pick a hair or patch on that animal and know i will be close to that target. that why I thinking new bow