Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Home defence

Re: Home defence

the security guy is right , THERE MUST BE A RESONABLE BELIEF OF IMMINANT PERSONAL HARM WITH NO PERCEPTABLE CHANCE OF ESCAPE AND THEN ONLY RESONABLE FORCE MAY BE USED TO PREVENT PERSONAL INJURY....... SCREW THAT YOU BRING A GUN TO MY HOUSE, YOU CAME FOR A GUN FIGHT, NEVER BRING A KNIFE CAUSE MY EYES AIN'T THAT GOOD
    Some of us are born into greatness, some have it thrust upon them.......I've had to scratch and claw to achieve mediocraty

Citizens own firearms, subjects don't

No need to check the law.

Just check to make sure there is one in the chamber

The NFA has printed two very good books on this very subject. Using those two books as eference material and for advice before the fact will keep one out of trouble with the law while still enabling you to protect your home.
    I had these books several years ago but do not remember enough of them to offer advice and the books have been lost to me now. They are well worth the few dollars they cost for the information therein. Fred
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

The way I see it self defence is not something I leave up to politicans to decide for me. To me this is a very basic human right and if I would come into a position where I have to use self defense I would happily break any law.

No government has the right to demand that people should give in to violent criminals. Neither is it an option for me to convert my home into a high security prison and/or adjust my daily activities to criminal activity. It's the criminals that should be terriefied of what might happen to them and not we being frightend of criminals.
    Last edited by huntwriter; 02-21-2006 at 03:18 AM.
    "Wouldn’t it be wise for us to be more tolerant of each other and pick our battles with the ones that really threaten our way of life?"

Quote Originally Posted by lcpaintballer
    Would you wait untill your were trapped, or would you run and grab the biggest firearm you could find?
    It is not easy getting to my fire arms,,there locked up and the bullets are locked up ellswere,,with the bolts,,but i would do whatever it would take to protect myself and my wife when it come down to it,,i have a baseball bat under my bed and 2 mean dogs that would not like a creeps coming into our house. wayne.

Quote Originally Posted by timberhunter
    I'd rather be judged by twelve.

Than carried by six.

Nuff said
    couldnt have said it better myself....
    Originally Posted by Kechika Proof of sex means your buddy has to take pictures of you pleasuring your deer

I think that the intent of the Cdn. firearms storage laws are to assure that the gun is not the first choice of an offensive/defensive weapon.
    And just so that we are sympathetic towards the BG's (they have rights too) we are not allowed to use 'excessive force' in self defense. So, if BG has bare hands and a loud voice, you better not have much of a weapon in hand or face possible charges.
    Would I live by this ? NFW !!!

Well said all.
    Si vis pacem para bellum
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Do what ever it takes. A "time out" wont work if there young and it sure as hell won't work when there old enough to break into your house. (BAD BURGLAR, go sit in the corner and think about what you just did!!!) I was thinking about getting a paint ball gun and keeping the paint balls in the freezer.

i say do the world some good and wax the scumbag! then he'll never bother anyone again! even if the cops catch him hes out the next day and robbing someone else the next night! am i not right lc. (i pity the bugger if i catch someone in my house)