Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: lets see pictures of your hunting trucks and atv

Re: lets see pictures of your hunting trucks and atv

My wee Blazer on 31's, my old S-10 following behind.
    I bought the Blazer last year, very clean. I lifted it 3", has lsd rear, BFGs usually at 18psi, goes where I point it.
    Rear seats fold flat, fits double mattress perfectly. Trailer has 12v/propane/water pump & shower, and hauls everything I need. Matching spare tire too.

Next S10 you see, take note of how narrow it is.

Since the pic I've replaced the rear springs and cranked the torsion bars. Clears another 2" in back, 1 up front.

Loaded like in the pic, mileage is disgusting. Run the tires at 15psi, in 4wd, watch the gauge move. The 4.3L is a decent motor but she's thirsty.

No atv other than my boots.

Quote Originally Posted by Wile E View Post
    My wee Blazer on 31's, my old S-10 following behind.
    I bought the Blazer last year, very clean. I lifted it 3", has lsd rear, BFGs usually at 18psi, goes where I point it.
    Rear seats fold flat, fits double mattress perfectly. Trailer has 12v/propane/water pump & shower, and hauls everything I need. Matching spare tire too.

Next S10 you see, take note of how narrow it is.

Since the pic I've replaced the rear springs and cranked the torsion bars. Clears another 2" in back, 1 up front.

Loaded like in the pic, mileage is disgusting. Run the tires at 15psi, in 4wd, watch the gauge move. The 4.3L is a decent motor but she's thirsty.

No atv other than my boots.
    The 4.3 is good until it starts having issues, i just got rid of a sonoma and after the water pump went it was one thing after another, i ended up buying new and being done with it, it didn't make sense to keep throwing cash at it and hoping it holds together.

Sorry no pics, but ours is a '98 Dodge Dually pulling a 27' toy hauler with a 2011 Rhino side-by-side.

@ russm

I do it for a living, so... I don't have to pay shop supplies.
    My old Sonoma had 349,000km, running strong. The throw out bearing gave up and I decided not to fix it. I wanted a wagon, and a trailer.
    Bought this with 228,000km. When it breaks, I'll fix it. I paid $1800 and plan on 5 years. Then I'll do it again. Maybe upgrade to an '05 Blazer.

Picked up a Suzuki Carry from another member this past weekend. Mostly for the farm, and it's already been great for that. But I'll take it out in the bush a few times hunting and see how it does. Goes a lot of places the dually can't even consider.

Designing the perfect tin foil hat.

Hmmm looks good Marc..never seen one like that..give us a update after some use.
    Cheers
    Srupp