Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: FOB flecthing only better!

out and about in the thickets/maple ridge

Re: FOB flecthing only better!

so.... anybody that tried them and dont like'm, have a few they want to get rid of? i'd like to give them a try and form my own opinion. i've read as much "good" reviews as i have "bad" on these things. so my only conclusion is to try them out for myself. so, anyone want to pass a few my way?

Ok lets cover the rest topic again. After watching the Outdoor World Championships 2009 in ulsan, I have noticed that the compound shooters all use Snakes Tounge rests. This is because they are very accurate and virtually indistructable. They also use regular flecthing. Now the FOBs need a drop away, wich can fail faster, and due to the space makes them less accurate, with or without these so called flecthing. Just a youths two bits.

Bow Walker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Red arch View Post
    Ok lets cover the rest topic again. After watching the Outdoor World Championships 2009 in ulsan, I have noticed that the compound shooters all use Snakes Tounge rests. This is because they are very accurate and virtually indistructable. They also use regular flecthing. Now the FOBs need a drop away, wich can fail faster, and due to the space makes them less accurate, with or without these so called flecthing. Just a youths two bits.
    You'll find that World Class target shooters do use a rest like that. It's refered to as a "Lizard Toungue" rest. It's designed to contact the arrow shaft as little as possible while imparting as much stability to the arrow as possible.

Archers using this style of rest have to use fletching due to the design of the arrow rest. There needs to be an allowance for the shaft/feltching to be able to slide-on-by the tips of the Lizard Tongue rest.

Dropaway rests do not fail faster than any other type of arrow rest - all things being equal, in that the rests are set up properly. They are just designed differently to accomplish a different task. Both types of rest work very well.

How are dropaway rests less accurate in your opinion? I'm curious as to your reasoning behind that statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Red arch View Post
    can you explain for me how a drop aways space would cause it to be less acurate?the way a drop away is designed is to decrease or eliminate arrow or fletching contact. And if set properly can be deadly acurate. Ihave shot both drop away and lizard toungue for target and any difference in accuracy is minimal at best. if you maintain your equipment the chances of failure are greatly decreased. All equipment has the potential to fail if not taken care of.
    for the record, a lizard toungue can wear out over time so it is definately not indestructible.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by huntwriter It seems the "BS" worked just fine for me. But it's no problem you do what works for you I do what works for me

hunting, fishing, wheeling, arrow flinging, gun shooting, loving it all
    proud supporter of the browning and A.P.A. killing club

shoot really well for practice and 3d but i wont hunt with them.
    yep that's what I said