Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FOB flecthing only better!

Re: FOB flecthing only better!

I have actually used them for one season now and find them far more accurate than fletching - and no I am not a staff shooter! There is some solid science behind this product and the customer service is second to none! It took alittle figuring out to get them dialed in, so of all the people to guide me through(some obvious things I missed) the prez of the company helped me out! Honestly the only down side to FOB's is you could easily go through a tube of these suckers because you will be stacking them on top of each other, being ridgid plastic the break! As far as the switch to a fall away rest( Vaportrail Limbdriver - the best!) , you'll find this to be an upgrade because the arrow is in contact with the bow for less time and as such is not affected by slight induced hand torque near as much say as a Whisker Biscuit. The pluses are too many not to aleast try them - they stabilize your arrow far faster, side profile is less effected by cross wind due to the smaller profile, less time consuming to put on your arrows and they're bloody accurate! If you like tweaking your rig to wring every last bit of accuracy out of it Fob's will help you do it - broadhead or field points!

Hey Kirby, put me on the FOB hook up with your friends - I'll gladly take those FOB'S

Quote Originally Posted by Slugman View Post
    Hey Kirby, put me on the FOB hook up with your friends - I'll gladly take those FOB'S
    Just go to the city dump, seems like thats where most of them end up
    Huuked on foniks wurked fur me

Quote Originally Posted by StoneChaser
    Biggest problem with a debate on ethics is the simple fact that ethics are like underwear...everybody has 'em, but some are a little shittier than others

Unhappy Re: FOB flecthing only better!

Crap! What a waste!

Thanks for the report Slugman, I haven't had a chance to use the FOB but was sure wondering if they worked. Saw alot of the product video on line and you are echoing what was shown. Not sure that I would switch right now but if I have to refletch again, I might give them a try. The product video talks about less drift in a wind, can you comment on that and did you have a chance to use them hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowzone_Mikey View Post
    now thats funny ... I will bet your Hoyt has more technogy gone into its engineering than your .308
    Now that you mention it... you're probably right. I guess what I meant was that if I wanted to go 'meat-gathering' rather than hunting...

WOW ....Holy Koolaide drinking

Sure glad that they and a Limbdriver work for you ...
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

Bow Walker Guest

FOB's were designed for Fall-Away rests - since any other would knock the things off the shaft as it leaves the bow...and yes, they are better in a cross wind due to the aforementioned slim design.

I think they definitely have a place in archery equipment and that they do a good job. They're just not for everybody.

There's still something "soul satisfying" about fletching your own arrows, rather than slipping on a round plastic thingy. I feel the same way about that "shrink-wrap" type of fletching. It's just not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bow Walker View Post
    FOB's were designed for Fall-Away rests - since any other would knock the things off the shaft as it leaves the bow...and yes, they are better in a cross wind due to the aforementioned slim design.

I think they definitely have a place in archery equipment and that they do a good job. They're just not for everybody.

There's still something "soul satisfying" about fletching your own arrows, rather than slipping on a round plastic thingy. I feel the same way about that "shrink-wrap" type of fletching. It's just not for me.
    I agree with you, I still fletch up a few. Even using FOB's requires the detailed eye to fine tune the arrow, then agian I'm the kind of guy that cuts both ends of the arrow to get a straighter shaft by a few thou' of an inch, checks and double checks for square, tie in knock sets to save grams on the string compared to a brass knock to gain alittle fps! My wife thinks I have OCD! She may be right when it comes to shootin bow! To each his own tho - right?

Thumbs up Re: FOB flecthing only better!

Quote Originally Posted by peterrum3 View Post
    Thanks for the report Slugman, I haven't had a chance to use the FOB but was sure wondering if they worked. Saw alot of the product video on line and you are echoing what was shown. Not sure that I would switch right now but if I have to refletch again, I might give them a try. The product video talks about less drift in a wind, can you comment on that and did you have a chance to use them hunting.
    My hunting season was a bust so I can't offer any insight there, other than the fact that on pass - through the FOB pops off and leaves a handy referance to where you smoked your deer! I can say however that when it comes to wind drift these things are the cats ass! I have done a fair bit of shooting in cross breeze, say maybe 5-15k gusty and down range at 30 - 40 yards if your shooting is on the money they shoot lazer straight. Compared to 2" Blazers which I was shooting, in this situation there is a significant difference. They do weigh alittle more than vanes obviously 24.5 grns to 15grns so it helps to bump your FOC alittle but not much because the FOB actually creates some lift for the back of the arrow. So yes down range these really shine, wind no problem and even at shorter ranges because of the rigid plastic they stabilize the arrow far quicker not flappin about like a vane. Around $24 a tube if your already sportin a fall away you would be impressed!