Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FOB flecthing only better!

FOB flecthing only better!

Has anybody tried these was wonder if they're any good?
    Vegetarian.. ancient word for poor hunter...

2. Site Sponsor

Re: FOB flecthing only better!

some swear they are the best thing since sliced bread ... but those are the people that are on FOBs prostaff ..... personally I dont like em
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

Bow Walker Guest

They are supposed to be really good - especially in the wind. Since they won't pass through my APA Safari Twister rest I haven't tried them, and I'm not about to.

Better.... worse..... the same.......

they just don't look 'archery' if you know what I mean.

If I want to go high-tech, I'll take my .308 instead of my Hoyt.

I No what you mean use a whisker biscuit not about to change just curious.One of the things I like about archery is the arrows as weird as it sounds the whole shaft, fletch and knock.Love getting new colours of vanes.Change them up every refletch or new arrows.I think the FOB's would take that away from me.
    Vegetarian.. ancient word for poor hunter...

You NEED a fall away rest ... strike 1
    each arrow type is a differant outter diameter ...strike 2 (they are not a universal fit they make several differant sizes) an ACC 3-60 is not the same as a FMJ out dia ...
    Has potential to fall off arrow in mid flight as they "designed" to come off at pass thru to mark the impact spot ...Ball 1
    They whistle in my exp. ...ball 2
    The break easy in my expirance .... reminds me of Nick Snooks Turbo Nocks (they whistled too by the way)...ball 3
    (full count)
    the airfoil design is a not bad idea for target shooters in calm conditions like indoor ...if in a cross wind you flight is messed and they are heavy so it messes up ones FOC ...strike 3 (goes down swinging)

if you like an arrow that they are designed for and you shoot in calm and predictible conditions ... they will group like a MOFO if you compensate with a heavier point and a stiffer shaft arrow.

I personally would like to see a "Staffer' shoot these at 90 meters to see how they group as i personally havent shot them past 30 (because they kept falling off my Lightspeeds) and thusly grouping like Crap
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

Quote Originally Posted by Cedarstrip View Post
    If I want to go high-tech, I'll take my .308 instead of my Hoyt.
    now thats funny ... I will bet your Hoyt has more technogy gone into its engineering than your .308
    A true Archery Nut

I think my whisker biscuit is a better product for hunting than FOB especially for improving my grouping, and fletchings in the bush strike me as more forgiving as they can slip past branches because of their flexibility (I think). Anyways I like sitting at the kitchen table tuning my arrows, gives me something to do at night.
    Originally Posted by Gatehouse "I don't worry about the trim on rifle scopes. Probably because I have never caught the ghey."

Quote Originally Posted by gibblewabble View Post
    I think my whisker biscuit is a better product for hunting than FOB especially for improving my grouping, and fletchings in the bush strike me as more forgiving as they can slip past branches because of their flexibility (I think). Anyways I like sitting at the kitchen table tuning my arrows, gives me something to do at night.
    How do you find time to tune your arrows when you're always on here?
    Regardless, I never liked the whisker biscuit, thought they were a piece of crap, still do. I did peruse the FOB web site and I think that there is more merit to the FOB than the whisker biscuit. Each to his own.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Never tried them too many friends who tried them just kept offering to give me theirs, when 7 different guys I know all gave up on them after a couple of weeks I tend to have no desire to test them.

Kirby
    Huuked on foniks wurked fur me

Quote Originally Posted by StoneChaser
    Biggest problem with a debate on ethics is the simple fact that ethics are like underwear...everybody has 'em, but some are a little shittier than others