Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: First mature Sprig Pintail

Re: First mature Sprig Pintail

Beautiful looking duck congrats!

We used to shoot pinies in southern Ab but the season opns later now and most have gone south before we get the chance to get the drop on them. I head back to AB each fall to hunt with my brother and cousins for ducks geese and phesants. that is a great pinnie there mark congrats.

What a nice bird do you guys have lots of Pintails that look like that bird or is that not normal. I hunt in the Peace river region of ALberta and have lots and lots of birds but the Pintails dont look like that.
    Great job.

That bird IMO is like a 5-6pt mulie!

The sprig was way bigger then the pictures show a healthy 4-5" long. I have shot about 8 fully mature pintails and Marc's definatly trumped ANY that I have shot.

There is a reason that bird is 30 years in the making... it was literally that beautiful.There was a greenish sheen on the side of the head that I am not sure if the picture captured... that was the first time I had ever seen that.

In the Peace and Alberta you will not get a pintail that looks like that because you are at the beggining of the migration...

They will fill out a little more in the next few weeks before mating and then they will shed all that beauty and just become another duck.

Dutchie

Marc mount it like that pic you sent me....absolutely gorgeous

Quote Originally Posted by Ian F. View Post
    bet I know who wont be mounting that one!
    Jeez I wonder why, I can't believe he charges people for this crap. If anyone is thinking of getting a bird mounted send me a PM and I'll tell you who did this fine work so you don't have to be disappointed as well. This was a big 3 curl drake ruined that eventually I'll have to get another one mounted as this one is only good for hanging a hat on or coat.

When confronted and asked what happened he said that this is as good as he can do. What a wast of money.

Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

My dad got a HUGE 3 curl drake back in Dec. 06' and we got it done somewhere on the west side of Vancouver island. The guy did an AMAZING job! It's in a flying posistion and is absolutey gorgeous.

If i get around to it i'll take a pic of it for you guys. Can't remember for the life of me who the taxidermist was though. I'll ask my mom.

Longshot jr.

nice birds Marc, reminds me of my prairie days ,good to see your doing well!!!
    "LIFE IS GOOD"