Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: custom knife makers in bc

boyd050 Guest

Re: custom knife makers in bc

check out Ddog on this site, he makes some excellent knives!!!

Bill Wiebe in PG ( work with him) Makes folders and straight blades, will make anything you want all blades are hollow ground, sent out for hardening ( in the other order) and can have handle material of your choice. The last one I bought has a neoprene handle that feels so nice, I bought it after holding it. I like Bills knives because they look a little more modern than most and the quality is amazing. What you'de expect from a 30+year machinist with a passion for sharp stuff
    Honey Holes! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, that is all

Floyd Ternier makes a nice knife, and reasonably price to boot.
    The Rocky Mountains is the Marrow of the World
    "Ain't this somethin'? I told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. "Make your life go here, son. Here's where the people is. Them mountains is for Indians and wild men." "Mother Gue", I says "the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world," and by God, I was right. Keep your nose in the wind and your eye along the skyline."

Didn't read the whole post thru, and sorry if I insult any knife makers, but it's hard to bead Cutco knives. They are $90, and are warrantied if they go dull. Takes around 10 days return for warrantee. (can;t spelll warrantee)sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Gerich View Post
    Didn't read the whole post thru, and sorry if I insult any knife makers, but it's hard to bead Cutco knives. They are $90, and are warrantied if they go dull. Takes around 10 days return for warrantee. (can;t spelll warrantee)sorry
    ive got one of those 2 ..pretty dam good knife that stays in my pack!
    Midnight toker

thanks for the help guys much appreciated bridger

Quote Originally Posted by kendoo View Post
    There was a good knife maker in Hudsons Hope

his name is heinz leber. i have had several of his knives. he made me a custom knife in 1978 and i lost it two years ago on a sheep hunt. unfortuantely heinz had a serious stroke about five years ago and is no longer capable of producing his fine knives.

I have heard of Heinz Lebers knives before... My Dad had someone close to FSJ make me a custom knife for my birthday quite a few years ago.

Joseph Breti "Coal Creek Custom Knifes" It's made from planer blade steel from the dawson creek sawmill. Really nice knife, but I believe Jospeh passed away... He sure built a wicked knife though!

Don't Go Ninja'n Nobody, Don't Need Ninja'n!

joe is still alive and kicking but retired

i make knives, but first i want to pipe in about CUTCO knives, i have 2 sets of these knives , the kitchen set ---> valued at $1000 and then a few others that are values at anywhere from $100 to $300 each, if i had a choice ( i did not) they were a gift, i would never ever recommend any one of these knives, not only are they over priced they are by far the worst knife or knives i have ever used, complete crap for the price of these knives. The guarantee on these knives are awesome, if it goes dull (always) they re-sharpen them for free or replace and so they should i mean you pay $100 for a knife that is actually worth $10 they better sharpen or replace it!
    if you are in the market for a custom made knife i would go to a knife maker not an assembly line type of knife. There is lots out there and each makes a good knife, i would love to help you out but i am just to busy to take any orders.
    but do ask BLACKTAIL on here because his knives are pretty decent knives!