Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: marreike549 aka asshole

Re: marreike549 aka asshole

Unfortunately the forum software allows new members to be able to send PM's before one of the admins can check out their ip /email address and punt or aprove them. This user wasn't a registered member was in the qeue waiting for moderation. I've deleted this users profile and banned the country of origins ip from the site. Might not catch them all but should cut down on the number we get.

Never open an attachment if you don't know who sent it. Make sure your computer also has a current antivirus software is installed.

Sorry guys but there was no way of preventing the PM's from being sent. There is more recent version of the forum software and we'll be looking in to it to see if it is more secure and maybe able to prevent users from posting until such time they are registered members.

Marc.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

Yeah I see on some forums you have to have 5 posts before you can PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Unfortunately the forum software allows new members to be able to send PM's before one of the admins can check out their ip /email address and punt or aprove them. This user wasn't a registered member was in the qeue waiting for moderation. I've deleted this users profile and banned the country of origins ip from the site. Might not catch them all but should cut down on the number we get.

Never open an attachment if you don't know who sent it. Make sure your computer also has a current antivirus software is installed.

Sorry guys but there was no way of preventing the PM's from being sent. There is more recent version of the forum software and we'll be looking in to it to see if it is more secure and maybe able to prevent users from posting until such time they are registered members.

Marc.
    Thanks Marc!

Are you able to tell us from what country that originated?

Doug
    So many guns, so little time.......

Thanks Marc.
    "Don't believe everything you think."

It originated from Amsterdam in Holland. A lot of the spam that we see here in Canada originates from there and Germany.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

Bow Walker Guest

Likely an "Anti" or from PETA, targeting any forums or the like that cater to and/or are about hunting.

Thanks Marc. As I mentioned in my pm to you, I opened the first one and had one "H" of a time getting rid of the thing. Once it's opened you can't close it.
    It's only when you see a mosquito land on your testicles that you realize there are other ways to deal with problems than violence.

Re: Virus,,
    I got it and opened it.It's a nasty little bugger called "secure tool".You can't delete it because it takes over you computer ,unless you go in and change the name of the file,then you restart your computer and delete the new file...It's all on youtube if you have a different computer you can use to see it. Just do a search for Secure tool
    Hope that helps
    Dan

I recieved it as well. It is nice we can spell asshole here though, instead of a$$hole

any way we can send him a exploding private message