Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2 Way radios

Re: 2 Way radios

They work pretty good if you get yourself turned around and ask your partner for directions from landmarks....well unless your partner is sleeping in your truck and thinks he's hearing things.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

Red face Re: 2 Way radios

I was *napping* and in deep sleep

"If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

lol.
    The ones I got have the some GMRS channels aswell. I am going to bring them along when my neighbour goes out scouting in early Auguest.
    Si vis pacem para bellum
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I believe they all have the same channels.

Quote Originally Posted by johnes50
    I believe they all have the same channels.
    Just looking through the owner manual; there are FRS (Family Radio Service), which dont have much range, and then there is the GMRS that have more range.
    Si vis pacem para bellum
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Sorry LCpaintballer. I meant that I think the channels on different brand radios can communicate to each other. If you have FMRS channels on your radio you can talk to a different brand radio with FMRS channels sometimes, if they don't have encryption or some other privacy software.

My dad and I had two way radios moose hunting one year and they really came in handy.We got our moose but it was about 200 yards away down hill through christmas trees at a lake.We had lots of rope and dragged it out but were not in sight of each other so the radios allowed me to tell the the old man when to pull and when the moose was tangled in the trees.The rope only snapped(3/8 poly) twice, without we would have one big knot .

Quote Originally Posted by johnes50
    Sorry LCpaintballer. I meant that I think the channels on different brand radios can communicate to each other. If you have FMRS channels on your radio you can talk to a different brand radio with FMRS channels sometimes, if they don't have encryption or some other privacy software.
    Yeah thats true. Sorry didnt know what you ment.
    Si vis pacem para bellum
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I have the Motorolla model SX700,which has the GMRS so it has a low watt output transmition power for close communication and a high one of 2 watts too. They work extremely well, I was surprised.

I always always bring my radios. I recently bought four of the new 22km cobra radios, work great and the ringer can be set to vibrate. You cant go wrong with them.