Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 Way radios

2 Way radios

Anyone ever use 2 way radios out hunting?

I have a pair of Motorola T5500's that I want to take out so we can scout some land faster/more land.
    Si vis pacem para bellum
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 2 Way radios

We use them quite often, especially when your buddy is trying to push something your way through a stand of trees. Mine has ear buds and a speaker on the wire so you can actually whisper into them and they are clear as a bell.

Always in the truck during hunting season, they are a great tool to have.
    “To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”- Voltaire

Me and the old man use radios all the time, but only as check in tools. We'll say a time and turn our radios on then and let the other know status or events up till that piont and to make further plans. We also turn them on when we hear a shot to confirm it was one another or sombody else.

I usaully pack them along, over the years they have got us a few deer

Yes, they go with me al the time, they are sure usful when pushin or when you and a buddy are apart from each other!

We use them also.As said they come in handy when one of your party shoots somethng to keep in touch.They are also great around noon or the end of the day to call in for a ride back to camp with a Quad which we always have one in camp for transporting people or game.

I always bring a pair as well. They also are perfect for river fishing, we tape a lot of our fishing/hunting trips so if one guy gets a nice chrome steelie the other guy can zip up to the hole and tape it and take some pics.
    Good pics at home are equally as good as the moment you catch or shoot something for me. Especially with fish, no need to bonk it if it's mounted on your wall on glossy paper

What kind of radios do you use, just the motorola Talkabout series like mine or what?
    Si vis pacem para bellum
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I've got a pair of the early Cobra GMRS, bought state side before they were legal in Canada. They have been great, get you ass in a pnich, call for help!!
    The range isn't near what they advertise but it recahes further than the two of us hunt apart!! The new GMRS are much better and stronger and CHEAPER
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!