Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Homemade Portable DuckBlind

Re: Homemade Portable DuckBlind

i use the chicken wire too. the problem with pvc is in hard ground in can break

Just want to add that the ones I made this year I glued and screwed some small blocks on each stake about 12'' from the bottom that you can put your foot on to plant them into the ground. K

f350 you are full of idea's

Now ya know what I do at work! K

oh I already know what you do it involves a type of fastener and mans best friend

Sorry guys I said pvc ,but it actually is 1 1/4 high pressure water line. This is supple enough to bend a bit but still in the 6 ft length stands up, you can bend it inwards to, when I get this pic. thing working will post it

I have a commercially manufactured blind that folds up like a camping chair and fits into a carry bag. I'll look in my storeroom and check on the measurements and maybe a selling price as I don't have a need for it.

Update.

I still haven't measured the blind but I found another that I made out of conduit. It is pretty easy to do; cut the height and width and join them with a 90 degree bend piece that is available and the collar/set screw that joins them. The bottom of the side pieces are flattened with a hammer to let the be pushed into the ground. Zip tie camo material to the section and create as many sections as desired. I zip tied the camo to the top crosspiece only and used the loop of elastic and balls, whatever they are called and anchor the sides after the blind is erected. For transport, remove the loop/balls, roll the camo up on the cross-piece, lay the side conduit on top and secure the package with the loop/balls. Very lightweight.
    Last edited by blindman; 08-19-2010 at 07:22 PM.
    Why do the ducks come just after I pour my coffee?

I made one, took about 15 min to cut lengths and glue connectors on, another 15 min to paint the frame camo.

I plug it all together quickly in the marsh, once the legs are burried a few inches its good and rigid. Then I toss a blind cover over the tops and down one side, works well. Photo of it below (sorry the angle isint great)

I also found this plan online the other day... looks like a dandy setup. http://www.huntingnet.com/fieldjourn...l.aspx?nID=452

I'm asusual a bit behind the times BUT if anyone is checking out old posts for good ideas like i do liengths of rebar about 18" sharpened with + pieces to push them into the ground 1 for each corner they fit in your day pack or decoy bag the conduit slides right over them great for frozen ground and really stable.

Picked myself up one of these... it's arrived, going to get it on Sat.

http://www.amazon.com/Gooseview-Surf.../dp/B001PO5D66

Regular price $279 on sale for $66... I may retire my pvc frame blind after only a few uses.

Product Description

Finally a hunting blind that pulls double duty in the field or on the water, bagging big game and waterfowl alike without compromise. The Gooseview™ Surf-N-Turf All Terrain Blind has a spring-loaded roof that opens instantly for 360º unobstructed shooting no matter what your prey. Plus the camo mesh windows have roll up flaps so you can observe your big-game prey before making your shot without risk of showing yourself. Speaking of concealment, ample vegetation straps let you attach willows, cattails or corn so the Surf-N-Turf totally disappears into your hunting environment. Built for easy transport and field durability with a tough 600-denier polyester shell and lightweight aircraft-grade aluminum frame. Doors on each end let you in and out without tripping over dogs and hunting partners. Includes carrying bag that also doubles as a water resistant floor. Use it in the field and on the shoreline during waterfowl season, then head into the woods for whitetail, turkey and predator hunting. Measures 54"L x 29"W x 60"H (set up)54"L x 29"W x 4"H (stored). Weighs: 22 lbs.

Product Features
    • Spring loaded doors flip open for unobstructed shooting
    • Included carrying bag doubles as a waterproof floor
    • Blind collapses and folds flat for easy storage and transport
    • Camo mesh windows are easily covered and folded back with hook and loop tape
    • Easily accomodates two people