Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Building Archery Targets

Re: Archery targets

There are two types of Donacona board . The one with a slightly dark coloured resin added is a no go, however the lighter coloured stuff is ok.
    REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab on --

Group Memberships.

Traditional Bowhunters of BC
    Abbotsford Fish and Game Club
    BCWF
    United Bowhunters of BC

Re: Building Archery Targets

Quote Originally Posted by IslandHunterBXL View Post
    does anyone know where a guy can pick up some of those asbestos ceiling tiles that they make big archery targets out of?
    Any hard ware stor should have them...
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

I made mine out of DonnaConna cut in 12 inch strips and stacked.4 ft. x 4 ft.Held together with a length of ready rod top and bottom,worked great.
    Scars Are like Tattoos but With Better Stories

I think the best archery target is a burlap sack ( from a coffee importer for free ) filled with plastic bags. Arrows come out easily and it has stopping power.

a bag of plastic works ..but not real good for high speed bows.

with the cost of donacona its cheaper to buy a bulldog target.... i need to build a good target for fita 900 rounds. One afternoon will shoot out the center of a dona cona butte.

Bow Walker Guest

I merged the two threads about this one topic, so all the replies and info should be here in this thread.

Bow Walker Guest

I got one of those "Bull Dog" targets for Christmas. It's the "Dog House". It's not for broadheads, but it's perfect for field tips. Best $100 you'll ever spend - plus they're guaranteed for life.

I just bought 2 of the double dogs

Paper league starting in March

Fire up the table saw and cut cradboard into strips (just like your DonnaConna) and you can find it anywhere there is a cardboard recycling bin. I just use a couple of 2x6 on edge screwed to another on flat and ready rod the two ends. Its cheap to replace bad sections and I just set it up on a couple of those cheap work benches. Just have to keep it dry.
    Originally Posted by Gatehouse "I don't worry about the trim on rifle scopes. Probably because I have never caught the ghey."

Quote Originally Posted by Bow Walker View Post
    I got one of those "Bull Dog" targets for Christmas. It's the "Dog House". It's not for broadheads, but it's perfect for field tips. Best $100 you'll ever spend - plus they're guaranteed for life.
    Hi Bow Walker,

I was going to build my own, but for $100 shipped, no stand to be built . . . Only 2 questions remain: can I leave outside in the rain? Can I leave it on the ground?

Thanks!