Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: best pack board?

Re: best pack board?

That's a good lookin' pack dutchie! The frame looks pretty stout and I like the looks of the hip belt/back padding. I can tell by looking at it that it should be a comfortable carry. 70 liters sounds a little small for extended trips. I see on their website they say it's only rated for 50kg? Does it fold into a little pile of aluminum if you put 120lbs in? I would think stitching would give before the frame.

Carl
    Last edited by bigwhiteys; 12-28-2010 at 07:51 PM.
    Don't Go Ninja'n Nobody, Don't Need Ninja'n!

I packed six elk quarters off a mountain this fall with my Tatonka. Distributes the load well and seems plenty strong.

A very strong and comfortable pack.

when picking out a pack . should it be around the small of your back or the hips ? .. i have a ARCTERYX BORA 80 ..but it hold on my hips and i never noticed it before but its seems long and low.. however packing a full load thos fall it seems ok but i noticed that i was leaning forward to much.. i like the looks of many new packs and i want to upgrade soon . .so much to chose from and cost ..and some of the packs i want i have to order , its nice to try then on before i buy .. that goes for boots too ..which i need.. lol. the lowa is looking good tho . but i didnt see the sheep hunter on the website.. just the hunter gtx
    " Never tell me the Odds "

Dont Waste Your Money On The Elkstocker Fell Apart On One Good Pack.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteys View Post
    That's a good lookin' pack dutchie! The frame looks pretty stout and I like the looks of the hip belt/back padding. I can tell by looking at it that it should be a comfortable carry. 70 liters sounds a little small for extended trips. I see on their website they say it's only rated for 50kg? Does it fold into a little pile of aluminum if you put 120lbs in? I would think stitching would give before the frame.

Carl

My father has the same pack, and it is built very well, I would not see a problem putting 120 pounds on it. You are right, the bag is a little small for extended trips, but overall it is a great, comfortable pack.

Anyone tried the Badlands OX??
    They laughed at my boots, laughed at my jeans, laughed when they gave me amphetamines
    Left me alone in a mean part of town, 36 hrs to come back down...am I the last of my kind?

Quote Originally Posted by Gilmore View Post
    Anyone tried the Badlands OX??
    no but i like my 2800 ..you must like your avatar youve been paroled
    Midnight toker

Quote Originally Posted by frenchbar View Post
    no but i like my 2800 ..you must like your avatar youve been paroled
    Totally diggin' the new avatar!! It's so nice to feel the sun on my skin again.

I've got a 2800 as well and was maybe looking at a new external and this one caught my eye.
    They laughed at my boots, laughed at my jeans, laughed when they gave me amphetamines
    Left me alone in a mean part of town, 36 hrs to come back down...am I the last of my kind?

Depends on the season, but primarily Langley

Deakin Equipment is where I picked up my Tatonka frame/bag a couple of years ago. It may not hold as much as my Eberlestock J106, but it is a lot more comfortable.
    Get off your ass and go hunting

www.Lodestaroutfitters.com

I like my Cabelas Outfitter pack. But 3 of my friends have a Tatonka. No complaints from them. Very comfortable. One feature that often goes unnoticed is that they stand balanced upright which helps when loading the packs with meat. I think it harder to load a traditional packboard like my Cabelas one where you have to keep the top open and stand it upright and keep it balanced. Especially with the larger hinds. Just my thoughts. Others might dissagree. The price for the Tatonka is very competative as well.