Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bark River knives

Re: Bark River knives

I have a couple Bravo knives. I love the feel and finish.

I wrestle with keeping all my knives sharp. For the convex edges I use the Worksharp Ken Onion and I have a little Gatco system but results are always hit and miss. I have no problem getting my Leatherman blade sharp enough to shave hairs off my arm and can usually do the same with my Bark River knives, but I struggle to get blades consistently sharp. My Gransfors Bruks axe came super sharp but I can't get it back there. I've spent a LOT of time trying to sharpen various implements but rarely get results I like.

Anybody else been down this road?
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Re: Bark River knives

Quote Originally Posted by albravo2 View Post
    I have a couple Bravo knives. I love the feel and finish.

I wrestle with keeping all my knives sharp. For the convex edges I use the Worksharp Ken Onion and I have a little Gatco system but results are always hit and miss. I have no problem getting my Leatherman blade sharp enough to shave hairs off my arm and can usually do the same with my Bark River knives, but I struggle to get blades consistently sharp. My Gransfors Bruks axe came super sharp but I can't get it back there. I've spent a LOT of time trying to sharpen various implements but rarely get results I like.

Anybody else been down this road?
    Probably a bunch of people will gasp in horror but I can put a hell of an edge on a knife just using a file out of my toolbox. Just a 1in wide flat metal file is about the quickest way to sharpen up a knife I've found.
    Last edited by MattW; 11-14-2018 at 08:30 PM.