Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bark River knives

Bark River knives

Does anyone here have a bark river knife? More specifically a bark river "gameskeeper" or "huntsman"??? I'd like to get some feedback from bc hunters on their performance and overall feel.

The online reviews seem awesome, but i want to hear from a BC hunter, seeing as these knives are from non-stainless steel and well, you all know BC weather

this is the huntsman

and this is the games keeper:

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Bark River knives

If you are set on a bark river I would be more prone to the deluxe droppoint made from 154CM steel
    It is made with a true stainless and should do you better in durability than A2 steel

That being said I use 154CM on some of mine and they will definately stand up to the rigors of the BC climate
    Promoting the sport of Archery and Bowhunting
    NCCP and IBEF Certification

Custom Knives and Game Calls

Quote....."Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid"........John Wayne
    Quote....."It is far better to be alone than in bad company"........ George Washington

I have too many stainless knives ... including a couple in 154CM and am really in the market for a non-stainless knife now . Not that there is anything wrong with any of my stainless knives, just want to use, maintain and experience with my first non-stainless

I own 'a few' Bark Rivers. Not the models you are looking at though. Great convex edged knives, tough, yet great slicers. The A2 doesn't rust all that easily and develops a nice patina with use. I just wipe them clean after each use like all my knives...

My latest is a Liten Bror in CPM 3V, basically a very beefed up Mora. I'm very impressed so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrongside View Post
    I own 'a few' Bark Rivers. Not the models you are looking at though. Great convex edged knives, tough, yet great slicers. The A2 doesn't rust all that easily and develops a nice patina with use. I just wipe them clean after each use like all my knives...

My latest is a Liten Bror in CPM 3V, basically a very beefed up Mora. I'm very impressed so far.
    Cool, yeah they seem like a very nice company with good products. I'm looking forward to my first BR knife.

Even though you don't have the models i want, maybe you can still help me. What kind of handles do yours have? Any of them with 'Antique Ivory' or 'Bone White' handles by any chance? If so, i wouldn't mind seeing a pic up close to get a better idea of what the difference between the two is.

Cheers

Barkriver is a great brand making really top quality knives. I particularly like their new drop point hunter and the bravo-1's.

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    Cool, yeah they seem like a very nice company with good products. I'm looking forward to my first BR knife.

Even though you don't have the models i want, maybe you can still help me. What kind of handles do yours have? Any of them with 'Antique Ivory' or 'Bone White' handles by any chance? If so, i wouldn't mind seeing a pic up close to get a better idea of what the difference between the two is.

Cheers
    Sorry man, mine are all boring old Matte Black Canvas Micarta or Matte Black G10.

The 'Antique Ivory' or 'Bone White' will be beauty handles on the models you are looking at though...
    Last edited by Wrongside; 01-11-2010 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallkniven View Post
    Barkriver is a great brand making really top quality knives. I particularly like their new drop point hunter and the bravo-1's.
    They also do nice custom Fallknivens occasionally...

S1

I looked at the web site and notice that you can get blaze orange G10 handles on most of these knives. That is a dream come true in the field. Very nice looking knives, must say. although they ain't cheap and I wonder if you couldn't get something just as (functionally) good for a lot less. However, quality counts, big time.

I got Bark River Bravo 1.25 great in size and quality, keeps edge,
    and the other is Stainless Shane Sibert Bushcraft Benchmade really good one,
    I always carry both of them with me.
    Where I walk, everything appears in grey...Loosen all hope, you who confronts me!