Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: trouble on the klappan.

Re: trouble on the klappan.

I dont think any letter i would write we be that well written......
    But still I support and contribute to BCWF and other organization to try and help the cause. It would be nice our MOE could help back up resident hunters. I am all for game checks and reporting what you catch. Any resident hunter who hunts legally and follows the regs shouldn't have a problem with it either. It would just be a big shame if things continue this way because our hunting rights will just diminish more and more because of other who break the law. I speak both of poachers and the native roadblocks, they are all hurting our resident hunter's name and opportunities.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilbear View Post
    That is PURE BULLSHIT and typical of the whining that prevents equitable and rational discussions here and on certain other forums. I have NO responsibility for any other person(s) and simply have decided to totally avoid and eliminate ANY interaction with those who DO break the law, discriminate against other BC NATIVE BORN citizens and openly threaten violence against legitimate hunters.

It's really ironic, we can pay and pay and pay and be told that we are mere "whiteys" who have no rights; yet, when I choose a non-confrontational and peaceful means to deal with these situations, I am a "racist", what a crock!

Again, the REAL "racism" and flagrant disregard for Canadian law is shown by the aboriginals, not by we decent citizens.....and, maybe I AM being too "soft" and we should request assistance from JTF2.
    This is true, but its actually just "some" aboriginals. This can also be applied to other situations/peoples.

I'm sick to death of political correctness. Use of the word "racism" has become so commonplace and meaningless that I barf and tune out as soon as someone uses the term in a discussion like this.

I am all for using the full force of the law against people who thumb their nose at it and the rest of us law-abiding people, however when the law wont be applied by the governing body, what can one do?

If it all continues in its current drainhole pattern what will be the result is vigilante justice. I dont want it or wish for it, but its a logical outcome.
    "From Covid to Hitler in 16 posts. Not today folks"

“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.” ― George Orwell

Quakee Surpee Neekoo

Quote Originally Posted by weatherby_man View Post
    T
    I'm sick to death of political correctness. Use of the word "racism" has become so commonplace and meaningless that I barf and tune out as soon as someone uses the term in a discussion like this.
    Me too......
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Get a spot device and activate the 911 function everytime you come to a roadblock. After all it is a life threatening situation is it not! Then get your friends to go there after you and do the same thing.

Devilbear Guest

That was, obviously, my point. I am also concerned about ...vigilante justice...as I am afraid that this is exactly what WILL happen...and NOBODY wins in such circumstances.
    Last edited by Devilbear; 01-06-2010 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilbear View Post
    I I will NOT stop, assist or even communicate with ANY person(s) who appear to be aboriginal at ANY time in future.

I dont think I being polically correct. If the above statement is not black and white racism, I'm not sure what is?

Quote Originally Posted by behemoth View Post
    I dont think I being polically correct. If the above statement is not black and white racism, I'm not sure what is?
    How is it racism? Because he has decided who he will and will not assist?

It's a persons choice who he will talk to and assist...

I had a break down 60kms from any town, on a fairly remote road. A woman stopped and told me she wouldn't give me a ride because I was a male.

Sexism? Nope. Her car, her rules.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    Decided it, BASED ON RACE.....

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post

It's a persons choice who he will talk to and assist...

I had a break down 60kms from any town, on a fairly remote road. A woman stopped and told me she wouldn't give me a ride because I was a male.

Sexism? Nope. Her car, her rules.

His statement includes that he will not communicate with any person of aboriginal descent at any time in the future

So if he goes into a restaurant and the person serving him is an aboriginal, would it be ok for him to refuse to be served because he will not communicate with anyone of aboriginal descent? His wallet, his rules?

I'm pretty sure thats exactly what he is saying behemoth....He'll ask for a different server because he won't speak to one who is of aboriginal descent....