Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: trouble on the klappan.

Re: trouble on the klappan.

Good letter and I hope (but I don't have faith in our gov) that the gov will step up and correct this to benefit all groups not just one.

Great letter. Regarding the following:

Reducing the hunting season for moose in Region 6-19 to 6-29 by 30 days, reducing the hunting season by 60 days in portions of 6-20 and putting the Stikine, Pitman and Chuckachida Rivers on L.E.H. for moose are management proposals that are neither scientifically or socially defensible.
    Does anyone know if the season reduction affect the GO's operating in the area? I understand some outfits are First Nation's owned?

If said river corridors go on LEH for moose, do the GO's still get to guide clients at will in these limited entry areas?

I disagree with the roadblocks, the proposed season reduction and LEH proposal. What I do agree with is having an unbiased game check station.
    Last edited by BCrams; 01-06-2010 at 10:58 AM.

I think the intent of the letter is very good however, I noticed one mistake in a key point that should be fixed prior to it being sent to the press and maybe even a follow up to the original addressee to ensure no misunderstanding.

Here is the mistake I am speaking about:

"Government behaviour and subsequent lack of action by policing agencies makes a mockery of the Canadian Justice System, now viewed by us as an internal attach on our Sovereignty!"

Simple spelling error that can be missed in a spell check as it created another word. I believe the writer intended to write attack. Most will overlook it, but it does impact what is otherwise a well intentioned letter.

There are a few sentence structure issues that should also be addressed to make it a bit more polished. My feeling is, when letters of this sort need to be sent, careful review for grammar and spelling make them much more effective as any mistakes tend to reduce the impact in the mind of the bureaucracy receiving them.

This is meant as constructive criticism only, hope nobody is offended.

Cheers, Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by wetcoastwillie View Post
    In general.... sometimes I may come across as being a prick.... but I'm human.... and cant always express my views as best as I should

Devilbear Guest

I agree, all too often, raw emotion is expressed in an illiterate fashion in letters of this type and the "antis" then use this to popularize an image of hunters as "lowbrow" and "unlettered" bloodthirsty killers. While I do not want to govern my behaviour by the standards of "antis"; I DO want to obtain the desired effect of taking the time to write letters and thus am very careful to use correct grammar and spelling.

Great letter!
    The guides will hunt at will in those corridors, guaranteed.
    LEH or not, they'll keep blocking the roads. They have nothing better to do.
    Sounds like the gov. is prepared to bend us over for some deadbeats.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    why dont we keep personal arguments to PM's so maybe one Thread regarding this issue can stay open without being closed because of peoples arguments. This is directed to everyone.
    Well said Angel. A good debate is always needed as long as it stays civil

Well written letter. It always is a good policy to include the writers course of action in "the round" that should no action or reply is recieved within a "reasonable timeframe " that the individual who is been sent the letter will have his superior/supervisor made aware of the lack of reply or reasonable action....EVERYONE has a BOSS....nothing is ever acomplished in private..

cheers
    Srupp

My point was that we cant fight racism with more racism, as Devilbear's post suggests

Devilbear Guest

That is PURE BULLSHIT and typical of the whining that prevents equitable and rational discussions here and on certain other forums. I have NO responsibility for any other person(s) and simply have decided to totally avoid and eliminate ANY interaction with those who DO break the law, discriminate against other BC NATIVE BORN citizens and openly threaten violence against legitimate hunters.

It's really ironic, we can pay and pay and pay and be told that we are mere "whiteys" who have no rights; yet, when I choose a non-confrontational and peaceful means to deal with these situations, I am a "racist", what a crock!

Again, the REAL "racism" and flagrant disregard for Canadian law is shown by the aboriginals, not by we decent citizens.....and, maybe I AM being too "soft" and we should request assistance from JTF2.

if this situation really upsets you write a letter to the premiere or archibald. this letter has been replied to but with the usual government bs. this is just one example of how our hunting opportunites are going south. Don't want to sound like a broken record guys, but get off the fence and join the bcwf and send a donation to www.residentpriority.ca
    there is strength in numbers. hunting is a political issue and will only be preserved in the political arena.