Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: trouble on the klappan.

Re: trouble on the klappan.

This might help a bit Flyboy

http://www.democracylawblog.ca/howtocontactMP.html

I never knew a letter to MLA or PM does not require a stamp.

Quote Originally Posted by Jelvis View Post
    Sounds good bimmer, I'm hoping for more myself, total world peace by next year. I'm going to write the Prime Minister and the President and the leaders of the G7 and tell them it's not good to have wars, and hurt others. lol. I'm going to tell them to do their job and make peace mandatory by next fall world wide, and everyone treated as equals. All roads free to drive on world wide. No differences all under the same rules. Living in total harmony and loving peace. Sounds like the hippy generation lol.
    Also people born in the same land, will all be the same too, same clothes, same cars. Finally I'm going to demand that the leaders listen and do that. I pay taxes and so do others. It's time to move on from mass destruction of country's with barbaric killing, I know we can't undo WW2 but it's time to bury the hatchet, and ensure the future is war free.
    I will show you the letter I get back from the G7 leaders as soon as they respond to my request. They will be astonished when they read my complaint and my sincere plan to change this.
    jel--peace to us all, everywhere, all the time throughout the world no more adversity ever again starting now. ok bim thanks soo much.
    Jellyman, are you making fun of me?
    Quote Originally Posted by wetcoastwillie View Post
    In general.... sometimes I may come across as being a prick.... but I'm human.... and cant always express my views as best as I should

Maybe we should put up our own blockade in front of the FN blockade not letting any FN in or out , I wonder what would happen then.

For those who would like to effect positive change, take the time to send an e-mail to the upper-level bureaucrats in the Ministry of Environment. Never underestimate that any one person CAN make a difference if they do even one small thing.

The e-mail addresses to contact are:

Deputy Minister Doug Konkin doug.konkin@gov.bc.ca

Assistant Deputy Minister Ralph Archibald ralph.archibald@gov.bc.ca

Director of Wildlife Tom Ethier tom.ethier@gov.bc.ca

Also, the local MLA (NDP-Stikine) is Doug Donaldson from Hazelton doug.donaldson.mla@leg.bc.ca who is on record as not supporting LEH unless there is a proven conservation concern. Hold him to that.

MLA's like Bill Bennett (Liberal-Kootenays) bill.bennett.mla@leg.bc.ca and Blair Lekstrom (Liberal-Peace River) blair.lekstrom.mla@leg.bc.ca are worth contacting. They stood up for resident hunters in the past. Remember the "Right to Hunt and Fish Act" passed a few years ago. It applies here.

As one who is all too familiar with this issue we should keep in mind who the real instigators are in the the Klappan/Stikine issues. BC Parks (MoE), the Wildlife Branch (MoE), and certain guide-outfitters have been pushing for total LEH for moose on the Pitman and Chukachida Rivers (tribs of the Stikine) for many years. While MoE clearly admits there is absolutely NO conservation concern for moose in these remote river valleys that has not stopped them from playing their little game to shut resident hunters out.

At the end of the day MoE has proven to be a dysfunctional bureaucracy, especially at the regional level.

Ken Franzen has written a good letter to get the ball rolling. Take the time to follow up and support hunters representing us in Skeena Region.

LET THOSE AT THE POLITICAL END OF THE BUREAUCRACY, AND THOSE MLA's ELECTED TO REPRESENT US, KNOW HOW YOU FEEL !!

Quote Originally Posted by Trapper View Post
    Maybe we should put up our own blockade in front of the FN blockade not letting any FN in or out , I wonder what would happen then.
    Put up a blockade around the Petrocan in Dease. No natives allowed to buy gas. They can hunt moose from their canoes all they want.

I wonder how well that would fly.

BHB

Quote Originally Posted by flyboy View Post
    ME- MR/MRS MLA can I as a TAX paying citizen of BC go hunting on CROWN land in the KLAPPAN area next fall?YES or NO.

MLA-YES you can MR CITIZEN

ME- THEN CAN YOU PLEASE ENSURE YOU DO WHATEVER YOUR GOVERNMENT NEEDS TO DO TO INSURE THAT I WILL BE ALLOWED INTO THAT AREA NEXT FALL BECAUSE YOU FLAT OUT (IN WRITEING) SAID YOU WOULD.

NOW WE ALL KNOW POLITICANS MAY LIE, BUT WITHOUT SOME HARD ASSURANCES ONE WAY OR THE OTHER I HAVE NOTHING TO TAKE TO THE NEXT LEVEL.

You will NEVER get a politician to agree to that. You will never get ANYONE with a bit of legal sense to agree to anything like that which could potentially open them or their party to legal repercussions.

Its an interesting idea, but trying to get anything like that in writing will be like trying to staple water to a wall.

Most likely you would be charged with un-lawful confinement (kidnapping).

Put up a blockade to restrict access (keeping hunters out, recreation activity) wouldn't be seen as being even in the same ballpark as restricting people from getting food (keeping the FN in)....

Definately understand the frustration though.

Me thinks that the best course of action on this matter is to join the BCWF, preferably through a local to you F&G Club.
    Maybe our concerns about the Klappan can be brought to the BCWF Convention in PG under a special resolution if it not already on the resolution list.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Put up a blockade 50' from their blockade. Steal the show.

Any press shows, claim to be the "real", blockade and the other guys are just wannabe posers.
    Hold my beer for a minute....watch this.

I watched the video posted and all you have to do is open the gate and go in.