Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hope everyone has there hunter number, heres your 2010 gift

Re: Hope everyone has there hunter number, heres your 2010 gift

Quote Originally Posted by elkdom View Post
    It would seem YOUR in trouble then "log_roller" !!! ,

as the Title of your thread proves YOU!,,, cannot spell!
    fortunately I have had my hunter number since the 90s so I will be grandfathered in

HOAX.................
    Their steaks, roasts and burger to me! Tom

Bow Walker Guest

Hoax or not - the R.A.W. course/test should be given to ALL students at the Jr. High and above level. Prior to each new school year.

jmho.

Actually, it is not required to take the CORE course, it's required to join HBC as of today. Existing members will be tested at random when trying to log in.
    Pretend hunter.

Just my $0.02 on this thread.

While a giggle and joke is always fun, threads like this make newbs like me confused until we read a bit further down and see it's a hoax. This is the second time i've seen this RAW joke come up, which at first to me seemed believeable.

It creates confusion and misinformation with people who come to these websites seeking basic information and really does a disservice to us newbies.
    I am a totally cluless newbie. My hunting knowledge consists of Step1) Go in to the woods Step2) Shoot a deer... and that's it. I would like to learn some basic skills so I will be ready for the Fall 2010 season, and am taking steps to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by BOOTS! View Post
    Just my $0.02 on this thread.

While a giggle and joke is always fun, threads like this make newbs like me confused until we read a bit further down and see it's a hoax. This is the second time i've seen this RAW joke come up, which at first to me seemed believeable.

It creates confusion and misinformation with people who come to these websites seeking basic information and really does a disservice to us newbies.
    You read down further saw it was a hoax and still came away disturbed?

Better get used to such jokes if you wish to peruse these boards.
    I can speak Canadian in English.

Proud to be a Salmon Farmer.

It's so the "I don't speak english" or "thought it was for deer not elk" etc. can't be played as a deffence when charged with poaching.
    Isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by 30.06 Hunter View Post
    You read down further saw it was a hoax and still came away disturbed?
    No, I was disturbed when I watched "shake that bear." What I said was posts like this create confusion and are a disservice to newbs.

What I'm getting at is that most people don't read the whole thread, mostly because it's usually one monkey throwing the feces and the rest howling about it. So some, who are thinking about joining the sport might come to these sorts of forums and read through things. When first they read about CORE and how is seems to be a bit of a PITA for many, then they read a hoax post about this RAW joke, they might just not get involved in the sport.

I would think that stewards of the sport would agree that more people out hunting is a good thing. Posts like this might turn people off from the concept and never get involved.

So this is the second time in my short time on this board that I've seen this joke. The more people tell it, the more it starts to become common knowledge and accepted as fact. It really doesn't help anyone.
    I am a totally cluless newbie. My hunting knowledge consists of Step1) Go in to the woods Step2) Shoot a deer... and that's it. I would like to learn some basic skills so I will be ready for the Fall 2010 season, and am taking steps to do so.

So,how about those grouse tags!
    Scars Are like Tattoos but With Better Stories

Quote Originally Posted by landphil View Post
    Actually, it is not required to take the CORE course, it's required to join HBC as of today. Existing members will be tested at random when trying to log in.
    There goes half the members........