Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pic for Dano

Re: Pic for Dano

Very nice Gary. I like to still keep my bands memory purposes. Hunted for about 20+ years and never bagged a banded bird. Then suddenly got 1 one (hen pintail) weekend and the very next weekend got 2 in one day (drake Mallard, hen Widgeon).

PGKris Guest

Holy crap! That's unreal what people will pay for those!

Wow, I didn't even know people bought them, never mind what they go for, it could start to pay for your day hunting or at least some gear

I have already sent an e-mail off to my Dad t round up some of the ones I still have in Winnipeg from years ago......those little engraved pieces of metal could be worth some $$$!!!

If this $$ thing gets to carried away I wonder how long it will be before it turns into something (increased poaching) like the trading of bear parts if it already hasn't. I don't agree with it (just an opinion). I think guys keep them on the call lanyards as a trophy just like a head on the wall for the memory of the hunt.

Just a quick follow-up .....................

Too hell with a new scope ................ how about a new rifle??

The 5 bands I had listed on Ebay just sold for $805.00 Canadian.

I saw that! Those diver bands went huge! Let me know if the money comes in, I have a couple here now (2 goose and 2 duck) and a lead on 20 or so more.
    Dano
    Buddi doing what she does best!

The guys that bought the diver bands have already paid for them. They are collectors and they needed those particular series of bands to help complete their collection.

The reasons the 3 diver bands went so high is that those particular series bands are very-very rare. (The collectors told me that after the auction) Also a good clear pic of the COAs proved that the bands were not fakes.

The mallard band at 52 bucks sold for 10-15 dollars more than they usually do but again the COA went with it to prove it wasn't fake.

I do know that I will quit giving bands away! LoL
    Last edited by Boo; 02-11-2006 at 04:44 PM.