Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best pants

Best pants

So I know there are many threads about this sort of thing and I have searched many of them but they seem to be asking about a certain brand. I am just asking for your personal preference of all brands on a set of hunting hiking pants. I want them to be BREATHABLE LIGHT WEIGHT. (I will layer under them if I need the warmth)QUIET, WATERPROOF. If I was to sacrifice on one aspect I guess it would be waterproof. Although they would NEED to be fairly water resistant to a point.

I was thinking about the Sitka pants but I don't think that they are waterproof? I was also thinking about RiversWest but I hear they don't breath well? Browning tend to be a little noisier.... I hate the Remington ones I have and don't wear them. Does anyone have any experience with any of the Cabelas line?

I also got a bunch of UnderArmour gear for christmas. No outer wear but I am quite impressed with the quality. Does anyone have any experience with their outer layers?

Open for suggestions.
    A Pine needle falls. An Eagle sees it. A Deer hears it. A Bear smells it

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Best pants

For me I like to wear Northface Convertibles. Durable, Light, Lots of pockets and they dry incredibly fast.

They work pretty good for me while chasing sheep... And they also come with a lifetime warranty that not too many people know about.

Roughly $100 a pair.

Carl
    Don't Go Ninja'n Nobody, Don't Need Ninja'n!

browning.
    they are noisy but they are dry and breath.
    if you are going to sit in a blind rivers west are the best because they are hot.
    i have rivers west and love them for sitting and late season. But i ame going to buy browning as well for next year for the early season.
    i dont know that any one pant will take you from sept-dec. on our lovely island it is to wet and steep.

Huggies....

never thought of that......
    now you dont have to worry about the noise of your fly opening...
    just leter rip

Quote Originally Posted by eastkoot View Post
    Huggies....

very nice,lmao...
    yep that's what I said

Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteys View Post
    For me I like to wear Northface Convertibles. Durable, Light, Lots of pockets and they dry incredibly fast.

They work pretty good for me while chasing sheep... And they also come with a lifetime warranty that not too many people know about.

Roughly $100 a pair.

Carl
    X2.......................

Quote Originally Posted by 835 View Post
    now you dont have to worry about the noise of your fly opening...
    now that's funny
    A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

I tried a set of the Cabela's lightweight packable rain gear... I really liked them BUT they are not tough enough. I managed to put three tears in the pants in one day of tough going! Pissed me off.
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteys View Post

Roughly $100 a pair.

Carl
    X3... big time...