Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 1/2 hour after sunset

Re: 1/2 hour after sunset

Obviously this one has fun it's course!
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

I live in Delta and I was bbq'ing this evening. It was 5:20 and I could hear the barrage of shotguns still at that time. I had to use a headlamp just to see what was on my bbq. How can you see anything flying at that time?
    I hate to be a snitch, but honestly. I've got RAPP on speed-dial after tonight.
    Not sure if it'll make a difference, but thats all I can really do.
    Hopefully no one from this board was out in Boundary Bay tonight.

I hear it pretty much every night but I prefer to let the CO's deal with it! To each his own. K

I think it's funny that you can shoot a grouse an hour after sunset but not a goose.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    I think it's funny that you can shoot a grouse an hour after sunset but not a goose.
    It has to do with the fact that ducks come to the fields to feed at dusk and they want them to be able to do that. K

I know this thread is about shooting late, but bag/possesion limit stuff did come up and I'm hoping that I can be told if I'm wrong here...

My understanding is that I can shoot 8 ducks today, camp out overnight say, then shoot 8 more tomorrow. I have 16 ducks in my truck , my possession limit. If I go put these 16 ducks in my freezer, at my residence, I can go shoot 8 more the next day. Never shoot more than 8 a day, and never have more than 16 on me in the field. In the freezer there is no limit.

Wrong?

wrong.
    in your freezer or your buddies freezer they are still part of your possession limit which is two times your daily bag limit
    a bad day hunting is awwwwwwww who cares as long as your hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by dudeallen View Post
    I know this thread is about shooting late, but bag/possesion limit stuff did come up and I'm hoping that I can be told if I'm wrong here...

My understanding is that I can shoot 8 ducks today, camp out overnight say, then shoot 8 more tomorrow. I have 16 ducks in my truck , my possession limit. If I go put these 16 ducks in my freezer, at my residence, I can go shoot 8 more the next day. Never shoot more than 8 a day, and never have more than 16 on me in the field. In the freezer there is no limit.

Wrong?
    You can never have more than 16 ducks in your possession, that includes the ducks you have in hand, plus the ducks in the truck and plus the ducks in your freezer combine can't exceed the limit of 16. once you have consumed the ducks you can go and shoot more.
    "I have no vampire experience, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got there, it had turned back into my neighbor's Dog," Dwight Schrute.

Wow, thanks. Good thing I eat them fast! A quick google search got me this:

"possession limit" means the maximum number of a species or type of wildlife which a person may have in his possession while hunting or returning from hunting, except for migratory game birds where the possession limit applies at all times;

from this site:
    http://www.bclaws.ca/EPLibraries/bcl...side/190_84_01

Looks like migratory game birds are an exception to my previous understanding (where seasonal limits don't apply).

If you process them into pepperoni you can shoot more. I think its unprocessed birds you cant have more than 16. If you live in ladner or tsawwassen its best to bury your head in the sand like f350 and pretend you don't hear the shots. Its pathetic out that way. Like the one guy says they use the greenhouse light. Even the legit guys know who the afterhours guys are but they would rather rat out an asian guy for a few extra birds than their own buddys for a hundred more lol. These same guys would bitch you out for not processing a merg too if you shot it. I could go on but I would be wasting key strokes.