Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1/2 hour after sunset

1/2 hour after sunset

So from what I understand legal shooting for migratory game birds 1/2 hour after sunset. My sister calls me from westham island and they are shooting birds (snows) up till 5:30 yesterday when sunset is 4:20. I don't think they would be shooting at nothing but you never know. Am I missing something here?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 1/2 hour after sunset

Well I guess you could call the COs of just warn her about her ilegal activity.
    Quote Originally Posted by burger View Post
    Sorry Ozone you are correct

No, she is not a hunter. She just chose to live on a island built on water fowl hunting, fishing and farming. lol And yes she has called rapp. I guess this is just a heads up to the guys doing it if your on here. Its a tight knit local community on the island. I'm sure its justified in their minds. Good luck !

Well I have heard of one young lad who works on the Island that has shot 140 Snow Geese and 96 Mallards...
    This is his first year with a licesence from my source.
    It could be locals or it could be poachers...
    Sooner or later the CO's will move from East Delta/Ladner and make thier way over to WI.
    Watch your clocks boys and girls.
    Rob

The COs have night vision gear so there's no place to hide for after hours shooters.Hope they get them,a lot of birds are lost shooting in the dark. Gunner

A lot of hunters dont know about the half hour difference for migratory birds. However they would have to be shooting in pitch black at that time.

Secondly would it be wrong to shoot 140 snow geese if you gave them all away? I mean you wouldn't be in possesion of them any more. Obviously not all in the same day. But if each day you shot your limit and them gave them away, would that be legal?
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    Unions and beacon is what I fry the liver in with a coating of flower on the liver ,,I eat the tong,,the hart,, its very good eating......

Legal maybe, Ethical, Not one bit!!!
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steeleco View Post
    Legal maybe, Ethical, Not one bit!!!
    On spring snow goose migrations through the mid-states thousands of geese are shot and a ton of meat is given to food-banks to feed the poor. That really sounds un-ethical to me Do you know the details of what he's doing with the meat? I sure dont but I'm not about to throw the guy under the bus so quickly.

That's on an organized hunt, not one person feeding his buddies. The two are a weeeee bit different.
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steeleco View Post
    That's on an organized hunt, not one person feeding his buddies. The two are a weeeee bit different.
    But do you know thats what he's doing? I'll shut up very quickly if you actually know.