Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How heavy you think it is?

How heavy you think it is?

Well, a guy from Texas got a boar on the public land over there yesterday...with an SKS. He claimed that this boar weighs about 200 lbs. But I think this boar is at most about 80 to 90 lbs given its size shown it the picture. So what you guys think?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: How heavy you think it is?

You Know What?

It's tough to tell with all the shadowing and just one picture. I would give the guy the benefit of the doubt though those hogs can get bigger than that.

If there was a few more pics from a little farther back I think it would be easier.

Happy Hunting!
    Carl

Question Re: How heavy you think it is?

hogs and bears are both deceiving critters, they are alot denser than say a deer or sheep

bad pic, with the shadowing, but it doesnt look more than 200 lbs to me, thats for sure
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

No way its 200 lbs or even close!!!

i think the rifle ways more, maybe 100lbs

Here's an idea to put things in perspective. Lets say the average human guy on this board, for arguments sake, weighs 200lbs and is probably a lot lankier than a bear or bore. Get him down on all fours and you'll see just how small even a 400lb bear (or pig) might be when it is down compare to being all stretched out as a rug.

Pictures are very deceiving. By that pic I'd say that's about as big as a mid sized dog.

I think the real question should be!!!!

Did he shoot it?.
    Or did he cowboy up and stick it with the bayonet?.

If he got it with the bayonet, he could call it any weight he wanted, and it would be cool

Marc S.

it looks the same size or a little bigger then my gsp.

it doesnt look any where near 200lbs i think maybe 100lbs. but it is a little hard to tell from the picture.

I would say it's likey less than 100 lbs. Judging from boars that I have shot and that where quit a big larger than that one in the picture, weighing around 150 lbs to 200 lbs.
    Last edited by huntwriter; 02-05-2006 at 08:13 PM.
    "Wouldn’t it be wise for us to be more tolerant of each other and pick our battles with the ones that really threaten our way of life?"