Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Transporting

Re: Transporting

Jager, have a read of my previous post, When all this was new I called the CFC and asked them what was legal, my very first reg cert was a plastic credit type card. There was much more info on it than the stupid sheets they send us now. Anyhow they said is was fine to copy the originals and save them intact. I keep all my papers in a file, if I sell a rifle I write sold and the details of the sale on the sheet and still keep it, you never know!!!
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

if you read the stupid rules, your registration papers have to be with the gun at all times, i have been threw many roadblocks or checks and all they asked for was a pal or pol. and yes i did cut mine up to credit size. like steeleco i haven't laminated mine yet. and when i do they will be put in the butt stock of every gun or rifle. i thought about having them in my wallet, and if i lost my wallet and it got into the wrong hands then, someone would have a little much information for my liking.if they get rid of the gun registry, we will still have to have a pol or a pal, isnt funny how the fac was the same. i only hope that the liberals sink deep out of sight and never come back. ann mcclelan is at her office shredding a lot of paper work.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse
    DO you mean the old green slip registration cert for handguns?

On transporting: You are not required to have your reg certs for unrestricted firearms with you when transporting your guns, however, you are required to produce evidence that the gun is registered upon demand by a peace officer.

Carrying the certs with you is probbaly the easiest way to do this, although if you forget them at home and go to the range, you arent' breaking the law.
    While this may be true, failure to produce a Licence and a registration cert to a Peace Officer may result in the seizure of the firearm. A person would then have 14 days to produce the paperwork to get the firearm back.
    "If It Doesn't Feed, It's Junk"

That is why I suggested that carrying the certs with you is the easiest way of establishing that your gun is registered.

The officer could also check via his computer/radio

I'm just poitning out you can't be charged with an offence if you forget your papers.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!