Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transporting

Transporting

I just remembered that I was going to ask; When taking your firearm from your house to the range, do you need to bring your green registration papers with you?

During the firearm trainning they didnt say anything like that, and then we get stopped at a check stop and the officer says "Do you have your registration papers with you?"
    Si vis pacem para bellum
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

2. Site Sponsor

ex bc guide Guest

Re: Transporting

Whenever you trasport a firearm you are required to have the regerstration papers with you.
    Mike

do you need to bring your green registration papers with you?
    Which green papers are you referring to? Ex bc guide is right, you are required to carry pals and certs although l have never been asked to produce and have never heard of anyone else in BC being asked either. But it is the law till the Harper and crew give the long rifle registration the boot!!
    “To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”- Voltaire

Yeah my dad always carries his PAL with him, just this officer asked for the papers you get when you register a gun from Mirmarichi....
    Si vis pacem para bellum
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

green papers mine are yellowy brown i think...and u are suppose to have them with u but chances are if u get pulled over by the cops they arent going to ask to see it....
    Originally Posted by Kechika Proof of sex means your buddy has to take pictures of you pleasuring your deer

I've been stopped in 2 road blocks with my rifles in there cases on the back seat of the truck and never asked for my reg papers or my pal, and my papers are a yellowy/brown color like 3kills.

I photocopied the originals and used mylar tape to laminate the copies, even went to the bother of stamping "copy" on the back (work supplied!!!) I have sets in all kinds of places, but like 416 said I've never been asked to show them once!!! My range requires that all documentation be with the shooter, but I believe that may be a federal requirement??
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

Do you guys cut up the reg. papers that have all your guns on a 8.5x11" sheet of paper down to the credit card size cut-outs for each particular gun?.....I was considering this (for compactness) but if it's cut down to credit card size it doesn't have your name anywhere.

DO you mean the old green slip registration cert for handguns?

On transporting: You are not required to have your reg certs for unrestricted firearms with you when transporting your guns, however, you are required to produce evidence that the gun is registered upon demand by a peace officer.

Carrying the certs with you is probbaly the easiest way to do this, although if you forget them at home and go to the range, you arent' breaking the law.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

The rifle doesn't have to belong to you for you to use it, as long as you have your POS or PAL and the certificate that says the rifle is registered is all that's needed.

Marc.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF