Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Uncle Billie

Uncle Billie

I wanted something to blood scent for me and maybe hunt antler sheds in the spring. I wanted something serious and focused. I wanted something obedient,confident and disciplined. Now, does this look serious,focused, obedient,confident and disciplined to you. Oh well, I suppose it is what ya make it. Anyway she's an Australian Cattle Dog our newest addition,and our present to ourselves for Xmas. We have wanted one for a long time.

FELIZ NAVIDAD

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Uncle Billie

They make good pets as long as you get their bad habits out of them early. As far as blood scent and pick up antlers. Mine wouldn't be bothered to do that, its beneth him.....I can't take him hunting cause he'll scare everything away, once he spots something moving he starts whinning and barking wanting to give chase.

Great family man though, loves to ride on the quad, help plow snow. Good with kids. Not bad with other dogs if they are properly introduced and socialized. Doesn't mind cats at all either. When he knows when he's done something wrong he puts himself downstairs

Constantly following you around can get annoying.

They are very smart but sometimes he'll do something and you'll wonder how such a smart dog can be soooooo stupid.

Looks like you got a nice little girl there. Who was the breeder?
    -Lightweight gunaholic
    -Half of a Human Pinata
    -Bear Kung-Fu Master
    -Gatherer of the Elk meat

She sure is a sweety Those dogs are supposed to be a good working dog..
    Love the first pic and last one..thanks for posting the pics..
    " You know you're in Goat country when it takes both arms
    and legs to climb and you can spit down on sheep". Patrick Stephens

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    Extra points to whomever can post the best pic of Christys boobs!
    "When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the Universe." - John Muir

-Lightweight gunaholic
    -Half of a Human Pinata
    -Bear Kung-Fu Master

Thumbs up Re: Uncle Billie

Looks like a nice Pup, Enjoy !
    I love our Aussie Shep...a handfull for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Brambles View Post
    If mine turned out to look something like that I would be happy. I love the silver tipped black fur. How old is yours? Did you have any problems training?

Great looking pup!Mine is a heelerxshepardx rottie,looks just like a big blue shepard with big shoulders.Great dog,easy to train and a heart as big as all outdoors.He`ll fetch sticks from the lake until he almost drowns I actually had to jump in the river once to save him.I didn`t know I could swim untill then.I love the last photo.
    Scars Are like Tattoos but With Better Stories

Quote Originally Posted by hotload View Post
    If mine turned out to look something like that I would be happy. I love the silver tipped black fur. How old is yours? Did you have any problems training?

He's 9 years old. No real issues with training, he's not an agility dog or anything, just a pet. He knows the basics.

He gets in the garbage every once and a while, then he puts himself downstairs

The breed is usually suspicious of strangers, protective of their food, they like to heel their people. They can be snappers too.

so good socializing is required with people, kids, cats, and other dogs.

I always took my dogs food away from him halfway through and then gave it back, always stuck my hands in his food dish when he was eating when he was young.

I always pulled on his ears and tail, tried to push him over when he wasn't expecting it just to make him tolerant of people and children.

The only way to get rid of the heeling habit is to kick em. Not to sound mean. They usually do it when going up stairs, a sharp back kick followed by the usual NO, BAD DOG. It won't take too many of them to teach the lesson. They are heelers and are breed to dodge cattle kicks, they won't take it personally. You will feel her teeth on your achilles tendon

Have fun, they are great and i"m know they are capable of more then my dog can do, but he's just a family member, he loves to cuddle and watch tv, loves to hang around with his people no matter what they are doing.
    -Lightweight gunaholic
    -Half of a Human Pinata
    -Bear Kung-Fu Master

Quote Originally Posted by hotload View Post
    If mine turned out to look something like that I would be happy.
    Yah right now it looks alot like you ! at least the way it lounges
    Nice pup ! If you havent trained many pups ... I highly recomend obedience classes to teach you how to teach her . I think this breed would require dicipline and at a early age as not to let any bad or unwanted habits develop .

They supposed to be cock-eyed like that when they're little?
    Or is that just a camera thing?
    Very cute little critter you got there.
    Shed hunting dog sounds awsome.