Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: sitting duck

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

Re: sitting duck

Quote Originally Posted by Rackem View Post
    It's pure ego. Made up rules by people who like rules. I never use the word sport or sporting in reference to my hunting activities. It seems to me to be a frivolous way to view killing an animal, associating it with sport. Shooting is a sport. Football is a sport. Killing something is not a sport.

If you prefer to play that game, where you have rigid rules on what is acceptable, good for you. I don't play that game. For me, it always comes down to what is the best use of my skills, in order to ensure a safe, quick kill that can be retrieved and meat preserved. If that means I want a duck for dinner, and I am confident taking a head shot on a sitting duck would be the best way to achieve than within the parameters mentioned, I will do it.

If this is not acceptable practice to some hunters, I guess that they will never hunt with me.
    Damn! "Rackem", another good post in my opinion. You impress me with your 'what you see is what you get', your 'call it as you see it', and 'if you don't like it, that's your problem' attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxton Gundogs View Post
    I don't say that ground slucing is illegal just no room for it in my blind or behind my dogs.

I agree with you..

Sluicing sitting ducks is as appealing to the true sportsman as masturbation is to sex.....
    Last edited by Kudu; 10-17-2013 at 02:33 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"It is astonishing how much room there is in the air around a duck!"

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!- Rudyard Kipling

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers to do incredibly stupid things- AH (1941)- Harry Reid (aka Smeagle) 2012

This is where I come from (click)

Quote Originally Posted by Kudu View Post
    I agree with you.. Sluicing sitting ducks is as appealing to the true sportsman as masturbation is to sex.....

Haha! "true sportsman" love it. Elite. I bet despite your disdain for masturbation, you have had opportunity to partake in times of need. Each plays a role in life, both are legal.

I mean you can't eat lobster every night, I bet sometime you break down and buy a box of mac and cheese or ramen noodles or a fast food item...

Snobbery, and elitist attitudes, just lead to mental masturbation anyway.
    "Life is too important to be taken seriously." Oscar Wilde

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." - Thomas Jefferson

“I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an ass of yourself.”―Oscar Wilde

Sluicers are just shitty shots that are scared their gonna go home with no birds.
    Leave the gun, grab the cannoli's.

Quote Originally Posted by Rackem View Post
    Haha! "true sportsman" love it. Elite. I bet despite your disdain for masturbation, you have had opportunity to partake in times of need. Each plays a role in life, both are legal.

I mean you can't eat lobster every night, I bet sometime you break down and buy a box of mac and cheese or ramen noodles or a fast food item...

Snobbery, and elitist attitudes, just lead to mental masturbation anyway.

Ha ha ha mac and cheese - indeed.........
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"It is astonishing how much room there is in the air around a duck!"

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!- Rudyard Kipling

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers to do incredibly stupid things- AH (1941)- Harry Reid (aka Smeagle) 2012

This is where I come from (click)

Quote Originally Posted by Kudu View Post
    Ha ha ha mac and cheese - indeed.........
    Personally Id much rather eat KD than a sluced duck but as I said to each their own.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

I love to masterbate
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Brawler View Post
    Just lob a couple loaded mouse traps at em like you're playing horse shoes. More humane than bouncing darts off them.

Quote Originally Posted by lorneparker1 View Post
    I love to masterbate
    Who doesn't? Do you sluice ducks too?

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." - Thomas Jefferson

“I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an ass of yourself.”―Oscar Wilde

I would be a toss up to which one I like to do more. The only thing that stops me from either is the company I am in!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Brawler View Post
    Just lob a couple loaded mouse traps at em like you're playing horse shoes. More humane than bouncing darts off them.

Quote Originally Posted by lorneparker1 View Post
    I would be a toss up to which one I like to do more. The only thing that stops me from either is the company I am in!

LOL very wise!