Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: sitting duck

Re: sitting duck

Maybe way ****ing different people than they were in 2009. Maybe not though. Just sayin.
    Quote Originally Posted by john.b View Post
    i would be sending my kid to school with a real hockey stick, baseball bat and a bag full of peanut butter sandwiches

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

I've shot ducks, geese, snipe, pheasant, pigeons, and grouse both while they were sitting, standing, and flying. I couldn't care less what others think. I do prefer to shoot ducks, chukars, quail, snipe, pigeons, and geese, on the wing. As for grouse, although it is a big challenge and a lot of fun shooting them when they blast off and fly, it's not much fun biting down on the small pellets so I prefer to head shoot them with a 22. or arrow. I will draw the line at shooting morning doves sleeping in trees. When we were youths, we were discouraged from shooting grouse at dusk if they went to roost for the night, and pheasants if there was accumulated snow on the ground. If it's legal, to each their own conscience.

Funny thread this - reminds of one on refuge forums a little while ago - reams and reams of yanks who simply can't shoot a bird on the wing - they wait till they sit then hose them....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"It is astonishing how much room there is in the air around a duck!"

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!- Rudyard Kipling

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers to do incredibly stupid things- AH (1941)- Harry Reid (aka Smeagle) 2012

This is where I come from (click)

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

I'm such a poor shot with a shotgun I always waited for the ducks and geese to land b4 shooting otherwise I would have starved to death.......
    7-6.5 PRCW the best cartridge since the 280 Ackley 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Weatherby Fan View Post
    I'm such a poor shot with a shotgun I always waited for the ducks and geese to land b4 shooting otherwise I would have starved to death.......
    He'll - it must be tough been in that situation, hope things have improved for you - ever try fishing?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!- Rudyard Kipling

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers to do incredibly stupid things- AH (1941)- Harry Reid (aka Smeagle) 2012

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Quote Originally Posted by Kudu View Post
    He'll - it must be tough been in that situation, hope things have improved for you - ever try fishing?
    LMAO yeh I do a little better with hooks, I quit duck hunting as I don't like hunting in the rain !
    7-6.5 PRCW the best cartridge since the 280 Ackley 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Weatherby Fan View Post
    LMAO yeh I do a little better with hooks, I quit duck hunting as I don't like hunting in the rain !
    There's the thing - the best duck shooting is in the rain especially on the rivers ......bit shitty in the layout blind!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I don't shot them when they are swimming I wait till they stop."
    LOL

If I wasn't going to wing shoot birds, I wouldn't shoot birds. But to each their own I suppose.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

WHo on earth would shoot a sitting duck!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Brawler View Post
    Just lob a couple loaded mouse traps at em like you're playing horse shoes. More humane than bouncing darts off them.