Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: sitting duck

Re: sitting duck

Quote Originally Posted by Foxton Gundogs View Post
    Personally Id much rather eat KD than a sluced duck but as I said to each their own.
    Sluiced and wingshot taste the same. Sluiced may actually provide better table fare.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Sluicer's ??, SOB's are hard on the decoys, holes everywhere, I mean WTF !!! LOLLOL !!
    Leave the gun, grab the cannoli's.

Yeah it's better not to shoot your decoys...but if you don't have any in the water, and no dog in the water, and you just want a duck for dinner....

I have only got a single duck on the water a few times, usually it was the traditional wing shots on flocks coming in. I just haven't had a retriever for a few years, so planning to start getting back into it with this new lab.

I just want to practice some pigeon shoots so I don't wound too many...
    "Life is too important to be taken seriously." Oscar Wilde

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." - Thomas Jefferson

“I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an ass of yourself.”―Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    Sluiced and wingshot taste the same. Sluiced may actually provide better table fare.
    Funny I always figure sloosed ducks seem to taste more like crow, not so much with a wing shot bird
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxton Gundogs View Post
    Funny I always figure sloosed ducks seem to taste more like crow, not so much with a wing shot bird
    LOL I like you!

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." - Thomas Jefferson

“I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an ass of yourself.”―Oscar Wilde

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

Quote Originally Posted by Rackem View Post
    Yeah it's better not to shoot your decoys...but if you don't have any in the water, and no dog in the water, and you just want a duck for dinner....

I have only got a single duck on the water a few times, usually it was the traditional wing shots on flocks coming in. I just haven't had a retriever for a few years, so planning to start getting back into it with this new lab.

I just want to practice some pigeon shoots so I don't wound too many...
    So, I take it that you did decide to adopt her?

I have not been able to get ahold of the breeder for the last day...working on it.

Quote Originally Posted by lorneparker1 View Post
    Just throwing this out there, but I think sluicing rafted birds with punt guns during the market hunting days, might have had a bit more to do with conservation then sport. I know everytime I sluice a duck, a old timer cries. And because of that, I sleep well
    Pretty much a fail safe way to get a good night sleep

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Farmer View Post
    Yeah but your opinions wrong, so everyone here had to let you know that. Have a nice day.