Thread: How to start a new thread or post in a forum

How to start a new thread or post in a forum

I've been asked on many occasions by people that are new to computers how to start a thread or reply to a post. So instead of having to repeat myself every time we get a new member who's new to computer I decided to make a post that they can reference.

To start a new thread. First go to the forum section that the thread would most be appropriate in. For example Hunting Vancouver Island and the coastal Islands for hunting related topics for that area. On the top of the list of threads there is a blue button that says "new thread". Click on this and it will open up a text box window. You must have a title or the thread will not work. Put your information in the message box and when you're happy and done then click on the submit new thread button just bellow the message box.

To make a post to a thread. First go to the thread that you want to post in and scroll to the bottom of the posts. There should already be a text window there. Put your information in the message box and when you're happy and done then click on the "Post Quick Reply" button just bellow the message box. If you want to preview your post before you submit it then click on the " Go Advanced" button instead of the quick reply button and you can select "Preview Post" to see what your post looks like before you submit it.

Marc.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

2. Site Sponsor

Re: How to start a new thread or post in a forum

Thanks very very much !!!!!!!

Hello, I wanted to start a new thread and I can’t find the blue button that says “new thread” or anything remotely close to it. I even had a 2nd set of eyes help with no luck..Help!

Start here and pick sub forum

Then look here

Quote Originally Posted by DesiMunda View Post
    Hello, I wanted to start a new thread and I can’t find the blue button that says “new thread” or anything remotely close to it. I even had a 2nd set of eyes help with no luck..Help!
    If you go to the section of the Forum that you want to post in, you will see a "post a new thread" button at the top left of the Forum Title.
    Quote Originally Posted by wetcoastwillie View Post
    In general.... sometimes I may come across as being a prick.... but I'm human.... and cant always express my views as best as I should