Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: # of pins

Re: # of pins

is there a program that shows your arrow flight (ive seen the winchester ballistics calculator) some thing like this, that allows you to enter draw weight, length, arrow weight etc?
    would like to see what kind of arc the arrow has.

i would got to the range but its to damn cold (-21 feels like -31) ill stay home drink coffee today

Bow Walker Guest

Try this one - it works for me...

http://www.archersadvantage.com/

Little clump of bush between Sask. and Victoria.

I use 7 deadly pins, when in open terrain you need distance. -36 here!!!!
    "Duck.....or.... Bleed"

Bow Walker Guest

This one is an even better one (IMHO).

http://www.pinwheelsoftware.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Bow Walker View Post
    This one is an even better one (IMHO).

http://www.pinwheelsoftware.com/
    wondering if you've used this program often? I have enterd all me info properly i think sighting in @ 40 yrds and it says that trajectory at 23 yards i'm 5.25 inch high is this correct?
    Last edited by brock77; 12-13-2009 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brock77 View Post
    wondering if you've used this program often? I have enterd all me info properly i think sighting in @ 40 yrds and it says that trajectory at 23 yards i'm 5.25 inch high is this correct?
    The trajectory of the arrow is determined by the speed of the bow and weight of the arrow. The best way to find out the arrow trajectory of your arrows is to spend time at the target butt.

Sight your bow dead on at 20 yards. Then shoot the arrows at different distances 10, 20, 30 and 40 yards, or whatever your maximum distance is, aiming only with your 20 yard pin. Measure the arrow impact difference at each distance and presto there is your arrow trajectory.
    "Wouldn’t it be wise for us to be more tolerant of each other and pick our battles with the ones that really threaten our way of life?"

Bow Walker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by brock77 View Post
    Short answer is Yes. The trajectory of your arow is one thing that wil allow you to miss a branch at 15 yards - while aiming to kill a deer with your 30 yard pin. The arrow "hops" over the close branch and drops into the deer. It's still a parabolic arc.

0 pins (recurve bow) . 3 pins on the old compound 20,30,40. I prefer to shoot shorter than longer distances so the recurve is great.