Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Williston Lake Grizz

Williston Lake Grizz

I've applied for a spring grizz LEH in the Williston Lake area. More than anything the trip is going to be exploring rather than hunting as I've never been up to Northern BC. I am trying to figure out how I'm going to find my way around since there are no "backroad mapbooks" for up in that area. Does anyone have suggestions on what to bring? What's the fishing like up that way at that time of year? Any areas that are worth exploring or checking out while I'm up there?

Thanks,
    Ryan

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Williston Lake Grizz

Go get the topographical maps for that area, you may have to buy quite a few in order to get the whole management unit but they are often worth it.

Sorry I can't be of much help, bring a big gun and don't go alone.

Good luck

Brambles

Sound confident you'll get drawn ! I put in for kingcome/ knight inlet. Good luck on your draw.

What M.U. did you apply for ?I have hunted in spring in this area and spend 2 weeks every fall up there.Topo maps and the recreation atlas go good together and then a forestry map ,mackenzie forest district ,North and South ( 2 maps ) and you will be good to go.Now comes the hard part.Good luck .

Quote Originally Posted by BlacktailStalker
    Sound confident you'll get drawn ! I put in for kingcome/ knight inlet. Good luck on your draw.
    Well the odds are below 1:1 and there are plenty of tags in this area, so yah I am

There is a guy on CGN thats looking for a 375 for his buddy who lives year round at williston lake. Get him to ask/answere questions for you.

Marc

Try this link to the Forest Service Rec site map base for the whole province, its an online map, so you can zoom in and out etc etc...

http://srmapps.gov.bc.ca/apps/recst/...s_base_map.htm

PGKris Guest

The reason the odds are so low is because none of us northern boys want to hunt that hard for a grizzly. The reason there is no backroads mapbook for that area is because there are no roads. Well almost none. Hope you got a good 4x4 cause you're gonna need it. Fishing is good but you can't keep any grayling. Try google earth or fishwizard.

Quote Originally Posted by rocksteady
    Try this link to the Forest Service Rec site map base for the whole province, its an online map, so you can zoom in and out etc etc...

http://srmapps.gov.bc.ca/apps/recst/...s_base_map.htm
    Thanks that's a really handy site.

The reason the odds are so low is because none of us northern boys want to hunt that hard for a grizzly. The reason there is no backroads mapbook for that area is because there are no roads. Well almost none. Hope you got a good 4x4 cause you're gonna need it. Fishing is good but you can't keep any grayling. Try google earth or fishwizard.
    There appears to be plenty of roads in the area I applied for. Most of them are quite new, and yes I have a good 4x4 and quads

PGKris Guest

Trust me. It may appear that there are roads but 90% of them are washed out or deactivated. What MU are you in?