Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Crow hunting

Re: Crow hunting

Trappers often use wings on their Lynx and Bobcat cubbies. They might appreciate getting crow wings

Quote Originally Posted by Dragginbait View Post
    Not just a hunter #, but an actual hunting licence. If you shoot one, try it. FEZ did

Black Pheasant ... that goes... ca-caw, ca-caw... I laughed my ass off!
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotomy!

Quote Originally Posted by CanAm500 View Post
    So when you pass the CORE exam you get your hunter number (correct?), when you have this number you are able to buy tags. So isnt that having a licence?

Sorry but I plan on taking the CORE exam after the provincals at school.
    Sweet Jesus.... you better go back and take the CORE course again. See my other post in "What chaps your Ass".... this is exactly what the hell I'm talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by ruger#1 View Post
    a raven is alot bigger, do you have them on the island, a raven is also a meat scavenger, means they do not eat farmers cherries rune farmers crops or eat birds eggs and baby birds like the crows do. funny thing is if you have a tame crow and you split its tongue it can say a few words. i also have a Friend that has an albino crow , he shot in Alberta.

You've not spent much time in Raven country. They will do everything a crow will except that amount of damage to crops is generally less. They will raid a nest just as soon as a crow will. How do you split a crow's tongue? Crows and Ravens are great natural mimicks. The tongue splitting thing... yeah... just a wives tale. Yes, Ravens are protected... but ranchers blast them out of the sky all the time.. along with eagles. They will pull the eyeballs right out of a new born calf.
    Last edited by wolverine; 11-21-2009 at 09:00 AM.

when i was younger, me and a buddy would wait in his yard every night at the same time for a murder of crows (like 200) that would fly by on their way to their roost.
    it was a 'blast' literaly! two 12 gauges roaring out a full magazine of shots!
    usually get a few a night for a few nights till they would get smart and fly 200 yards to the south out of range.

a raven is alot bigger, do you have them on the island, a raven is also a meat scavenger, means they do not eat farmers cherries rune farmers crops or eat birds eggs and baby birds like the crows do. funny thing is if you have a tame crow and you split its tongue it can say a few words. i also have a Friend that has an albino crow , he shot in Alberta.
    When we were kids, there was a crow that hung around my cousin's farm that hung around and just kept saying hello, hello, hello. Hadn't thought of that in years! Thanks for the memory.

is it the same with seagull?

how to identify ravens and crows.

http://depts.washington.edu/natmap/f..._vs_raven.html

There was a crow in the school that i went to in grade seven that would say FU , Someone would always bring it in the school. Someone also had a blue and gold macaw that they let fly around in the summer time.

There was a crow in the school that i went to in grade seven that would say FU .
    this is reason enough to blow them out of the sky