Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Crow hunting

Re: Crow hunting

crows are a whole lotta fun to hunt and as you can see in the regs they are scedule C animals meaning you dont need permit if you are on your property or they are destroying something.
    otherwise you need a liscence and they can be captured or killed anywhere and any time in the province . On top of that you are also allowed to use electronic calls for schedule C bird
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.”

Just make sure they're not RAVENS - CO will have an issue with that.
    As for an answer to the question, I think most leave em out for fertilizer.

When I shot them with the 25 06 or the Weatherby, there wasn't enough left to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred
    That isn't how I read section c on page 14. It says they can be taken anywhere at anytime BUT you must have a hunting licence if you are not on your own property or if they are not destroying property. Fred
    I stand corrected. I could have sworn it was for crop protection only. Did it change from last year?

Marc.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

I don't have any older Regs, Marc, so I have no idea. I will admit that they are a fun prey to try for though. And as for mistaking a Raven for a Crow, At least for me that couldn't happen! Fred
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

crows have pretty much always been sched C animals . I used to test my home made ghillie suits and a mouth call in an open field. they are really smart birds . If you can find a roost you will truly see what a mob is when you start blowing your call. This year they have allowed use of electronic calls which i tried (johnny stuart tape and a loud speaker hooked to a casset player) and i brought them in from really far and i could hide away from the tape . even if you dont shoot them it is really fun to call them in.
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.”

Taped calls, loud speakers????
    Just leave a Burger King bag out in the open, they will come from miles around.

I use my ruger 10/.22 with a 4xbushnell and 40 gr. solid cci blaser ammo, killer setup for crows. And believe it or not when I was a kid in Saskatchewan I heard of lots of folks eating crow.(no pun intended...lol)

When you call in a murder of crows for 4the first time, you get a real eye opener!!

They start going NUTS!! (It's kinda creepy in a way)

Calling in and shooting crows is great fun, they are Scheduloe C and have always been. You could shoot dozens of crows a day and you wouldn't severly impact thier populations.

Crows (and the proliferaton of crows) are detrimental to other bird species,especially raptors.

Clal them in and BLAST them!!
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

PGKris Guest

Best place to hunt crows is in the McDonalds parking lot with your .177cal pellet pistol. I mean noooooooooooo I would never do that.