Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Drunk Driving on Forest Service Roads

Drunk Driving on Forest Service Roads

I haven't been hunting more than two years, but this fall I've noticed alot of guys bombing down the road all red in the face with a beer in their hand. Is this normal activity or have I just had a few bad weekends?

I don't bring alcohol when I'm alone outdoors just because I need all the strength and concentration I can get. I'm not a teetotaler by any means, but I hate to think of what will happen if I'm alone with a gun driving decently on a logging road and some drunk crashes into me.

I've been hunting this fall and last spring (open black bear season) around Harrison Lake. I've only noticed it on weekends, but already it's starting to get to me.
    Last edited by Surrey Boy; 11-17-2009 at 04:29 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Drunk Driving on Forest Service Roads

I dont think you are alone in noticing this type of behaviour you have likely also see these same persons throwing their cans out the truck windows as well.

I am pretty sure there is all sorts of insurance issues first of all being off road ( not sure if your truck is covered or not ) and for certain if the other driver is found to be impaired, since their insurance can be void due to their condition...

mike

The local roads around the valley are full of redneck 4x4 guys out to have fun and drink beer,not a good place to hunt ,head further out of town,you well see more game and less trafic
    manglinmike

I make sure I throw the cans in the box

yup sadly it is far to common to see drunkin Hillbillies and inconsiderate louses "Hunting" while being drunk.

Far to many People think that thier time in the woods is more important then yours and they lose all sense of responsibility and behave like assholes .

I feel sorry for their Children.

Guess it's one of those things I'll have to take in stride, just like everything else in life. I feel bad for the truckers having to deal with it.

You should see the idiots on the long weekend. That place turns into a hell hole. Not worth the drive. Weekdays not to bad.

funniest thing I've seen on the road was when I was driving from pemberton to harrison on the back road through 2 sketchy reserves. and me and my buddie counted Bud can after can on the side of the road then I guess after the last beer whoever was driving tossed the empty case out the window. nice... 10 minutes down the road find a suv in the ditch abandoned with a few more emptie buds inside. guess that guy had one to many.
    "you know there are a lot of mountain bikers in the area" she looked at me weird when I said back to her " Thats fine, I'm not hunting mountain bikers today" Brambles

Your tracking skills are phenominal 870. Did the cans look fresh? do bad the prey was already dead though

I've always noticed it's always redneck hunters that drive drunk on logging roads, and throw their beer cans out.
    They could be endangering wood cutters,dirt bikers, loggers, guides and outfitters, ethical hunters, anglers, foresters, sightseers, ranchers, or anyone else using FS roads, who we know would never drink and drive.

It's so pollitically correct to blame hunters, makes everybody feel just a little superior.