Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Clothing Brands for Hunting..

Re: Clothing Brands for Hunting..

Wool, wool, Wool. I like the columbia wool system, my old military surplus pants and sweater, and I''d really like to be able to afford some of that Sleeping Indian worsted wool in winter camo.

Yes, I do still wear layers, and if it's really wet out, I'll put on a military surplus rain suit(british camo). If it's pouring rain, having a "quiet" set of raingear is redundant with all the noise of rain on the trees and leaves.

That being said, I have a nice cotton set of military surplus for spring/early fall warm weather hunting. You can still find some of these around, they are a British NBC suit. Basically, for $45 you get a pattern and color that works like no other in our coastal forests, and it is fully charcoal lined (it's a Nuclear-Biological-Chemical protective suit, hence NBC) The only drawback is the lack of pockets, but the main front one is large enough for binos/rangefinders, knife, calls, etc. Here's a pic of me in one from the spring.

Don't spend enough money on a piece of clothing that you'll ruin your trip if you rip it on the first day.
    Get out of the Truck, Off of the trail, and Onto the tracks...

anything with E-Vent is the way to go... It is 10 times more breathable then gortex and more waterproof.

Integral designs makes Pack light gear that is very light and durable. It comes in Green and Black but it is by no means quiet.

I have herd many negitive and positive things about Sitka, but TB has talked very highly about rivers west stuff in the past.

I hate my browning XPO stuff with a passion. 10 mins in the rain I am soaked. THIER GORTEX IS ABOUT AS GOOD AS A COTTON SHEET.

Mrs. Elkhound is going to have some pretty awsome looking stuff coming in soon, and it is supose to be darn good... I have not put my hands on it or tried it on yet tho.

Dutchie

Wool because its reasonably cheap and will keep you warm even when soaked. Then cheap coleman camo from crappy tire over top.

anything as long as its waterproof and brethable, but mostly good hiking gear i find

Go sitka. Ibought mine one piece at a time to spread out the cost. Its expensive but it is a new level of clothing.

I have some Asat and some Maddog camo. The maddog's fairly waterproof but the elastic cuffs and bottom are very tight. The Asat's nice in colder weather but mines not waterproof
    Originally posted by MEATEATER
    If anyone says blacktails there lying no one can figure them out
    Hunt Hard, Hunt safe, Eat Well.

Marks Workwear World brand for me.
    It's only when you see a mosquito land on your testicles that you realize there are other ways to deal with problems than violence.

I just ordered the 90% Sitka Pants and Jacket in Optifade with the Traverse T as an under layer/September outwear. I cant begin to tell you how excited I am to throw this stuff on for the first time.

the under armour camo is not bad