Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Clothing Brands for Hunting..

Re: Clothing Brands for Hunting..

Base layer Helly Hanson

Second Layer - Helly Hanson

Third Layer - John Scott Geelong Merino Wool Sweater

Outer layer - Any Camo shirt you choose - no matter how expensive \ cheap.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"It is astonishing how much room there is in the air around a duck!"

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!- Rudyard Kipling

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers to do incredibly stupid things- AH (1941)- Harry Reid (aka Smeagle) 2012

This is where I come from (click)

As long as they keep you warm and dry and DONT SOUND LIKE YOUR OLD SNOWSUIT YOU WORE AS A KID,THERE GOOD.

Grey stanfield top....Brown Carhart pants....I'm granite and a fir stump. West coast camo!

I would try sitka if they werent so expensive , that optifade pattern looks solid and apparently its designed based on ungulates vision.

thinking about an all wool setup, just need a waterproof jacket and where do u get wool pants, prefer surplus army. Just don't know where to get it

Wool pants from the surplus store (most of the surplus stores like Dave's in new west/ gorilla's have them), under armor cold gear underwear(bargan cave at cabela's), some costco fleece, MEC down Vest and a wind/rain pull over jacket. Like to get a decent camo jacket though...Like Sitka stormfronts /coldfronts, but can't justify the cost for Sitka. Maybe Santa would be nice this year...
    Do Good ...and forget about it..

Quote Originally Posted by squamishmiles View Post
    thinking about an all wool setup, just need a waterproof jacket and where do u get wool pants, prefer surplus army. Just don't know where to get it
    Got mine from Gorilla surplus on Broadway in Vancouver. They have a few different types. They also had a good deal on CF fleece pants and jackets.

Quote Originally Posted by Big7 View Post
    I wear the same clothing hunting as I would laying out a cut block in the bush...good quality but not something like Sitka...you have to be on glue to spend $80 for gloves? Come on, it ain't that good!

The Paradox underwear from costco is great, I've worn it for DAYS in the bush so far this fall/winter and completely satisfied.

Articles of clothing like "Sitka" are meant for suckers! For example, a rain jacket from Helley Hanson (the type of jacket I wear for work for eg.) is around $80-90. HH had exclusive rights to the material and lost it a couple of years ago and now you can buy the SAME jacket in Pioneer brand for $40!! Is it worse quality? No. You just pay less.

All this "best part of Sitka gear is the layering system" talk is B.S. You can't tell me that layering is something new?! I could go into Value Village and pick up a pretty good "layering" system for $40!! Layering is nothing new and for those folks that know about dressing for any occasion mother nature throws at you, have been doing it for years.

Not trying to bash those of you who love Sitka gear, if you have the money, it is good stuff but....it ain't that good! $60 for a beenie touque? Come on....
    Made some good points there.

Hunting is about fashion like anything else. Ten years ago Rocky Gear had quite a fan club going. Before that is was Mossy Oak and now it is Sitka Gear. Give it a few years and you can buy Sitka at Wal-Mart just like you can buy now Rocky Gear there too.
    "Wouldn’t it be wise for us to be more tolerant of each other and pick our battles with the ones that really threaten our way of life?"

wrangler blue jeans and carhart work jacket hahaha havent had any problems with them yet.
    "I have killed two people since midnight, I haven's slept in 24 hours. So maybe... maybe you should be a little more afraid of me then you are right now"

"Hunting is more than a sport and more than a job; hunting is pure passion and desire, which fill a lifetime."

[quote=flyhigh_206;607491]wrangler blue jeans and carhart work jacket hahaha havent had any problems with them yet.[/qoute]

Until it rains, and then what do you do?????

Pulled way too many people out of the bush with just this on.....

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!