Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Clothing Brands for Hunting..

Clothing Brands for Hunting..

Ok, this time i did a search for this type of info, but didnt really make any head way, other than the 15 some odd pages of useless (seemingly) threads.

Pants/Jacket wise, what brands are your go to brands and why?

Mark

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Clothing Brands for Hunting..

I use quite a bit of hiking apparel for backpack/rifle hunting, Mountain Hardware, North Face etc. I tried some Sitka for bowhunting and it was good (Celcius Jacket) but pretty pricey.

Sitka is slowly overtaking my Browning and Rivers West. Im not saying it is the ultimate, but I like the layer system. It would overtake it faster if it wasnt so expensive!!!!!
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

No particular brands as long as it is silk, wool and fleece for layering. Outer garment is camouflage. Light six pocket pants and cargo pocket jacket for the early season. Heavier and insulated six pocket pants, or bib coverall plus heavy insulated jacket or 4-in-one parka.

Outer layers are ASAT Camouflage and Predator From Raven Wear and Day One Camouflage. There are many good brands, such as Sitka, but in my opinion they have all one major flaw. Not enough large cargo pockets. Lots of little specialized pockets don't make up for two or four large pockets that can hold your gear such as binos, rangefinders, lunch and water bottles.
    "Wouldn’t it be wise for us to be more tolerant of each other and pick our battles with the ones that really threaten our way of life?"

Remington brand camo - because it was cheap at Wally World and matches my rifle brand Plus it's fairly quiet, and warm enough for hunting up here.

7m7
    Always check your backtrail

Rivers West Jacket and Pants. Waterproof, windproof, light weight - for the most part I really like them. The biggest issue I have are the pants are too warm for hiking. I will be purchasing a lighter weight (spyder) pair for next season. I'd like to try the Sitka gear, but price is a barrier. I have a Remington jacket that I purchased years ago from Wally World, and have to agree with 7mag700 - it's pretty good stuff for the price and makes a great backup jacket.

Browning XPO.
    Squeeeeeeeeeeze it.........don't pull it.

Sitka Gear.

It's pricey but it's the best out there for guys who want technical clothing in a camo pattern.

I dream of being able to afford sitka gear or browning, but that's not realistic

At Canadian Tire they have this Yukon Camo. I got pants, an insulated water proof jacket, and a fleece jacket. All for 130 bucks. It is dirt cheap, feels nice, its quiet, BIG pockets (in the pockets is about a 5 shell holder which is pretty cool.)

It isn't any fancy camo pattern but I think it looks pretty good.

The best part is they have a bunch more of the stuff just as cheap, heavy winter jackets, winter coveralls, T-shirts, insulated pants. So for less than price of a sitka jacket I could have 7-8 pieces of camo for all seasons.

I know its obviously not the greatest quality but it keeps you warm and dry and does not break the wallet.

I bought the ELITE performance series from ASAT camo this summer. http://www.asatcamo.com/
    I haven't used it much yet, but so far, so good. I used it in -5 weather a couple weeks ago and was warm enough because I layered right.