Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Targets

Bow Walker Guest

Re: Targets

Quote Originally Posted by 4ptbuck View Post
    I use peat moss for broadhead tuning. Buy a new bale every fall. It goes into the garden after I am done.

For FP, I've used the bags. Mine's about worn out after 4 years. What's this Bulldog thing? Where to buy?
    Bull Dog Targets are Canadian made and they are great. Get them here...

http://www.bulldogtargets.com/

Cant wait, that will be my X mas present to myself.

For a back stop for your target you can order kevlar blankets from archery shops. I have no idea how well they work though. I use the Yellow Jacket for broadheads. The thing will swallow field points like Jenna Jameson if I shoot them at it. I need a new target and will definitely be looking at the ones posted here.
    The Rocky Mountains is the Marrow of the World
    "Ain't this somethin'? I told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. "Make your life go here, son. Here's where the people is. Them mountains is for Indians and wild men." "Mother Gue", I says "the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world," and by God, I was right. Keep your nose in the wind and your eye along the skyline."

For my backstop, I hung a curtain of 'Mill-felt", - Used by the paper mills somehow in their production. They usually give it away if you can find a mill still operating.
    I have not tried it with BH's but it sure takes the zip out a field-point!

Quote Originally Posted by Bowzone_Mikey View Post
    ........personally I have a couple of bags for target and I use either Rigid foam insulation or spray (monofoam type) insulation to build my BH targets out of
    Good idea an the expanding foam, thanks for confirming an idea I had.
    Easy to carry a couple of cans of that and a garbage bag into a remote setting.
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole