Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolf Trapping Thread 2010

Re: Wolf Trapping Thread 2010

I got my name on the list to take the course but it mite be a while. I was out of town and just missed the last one in Lac La hache. If anyone on here traps around williams lake or teaches the course let me know as I would love to get out this winter and start learning.
    Train hard....hunt easy

My old trapping friend that I help trap said that he had taken 5 wolves with his leg hold traps as for the snares on this farmers land a few years ago in black creek where I live.

What the farmer did was dump his dead cow parts down the back end of his farm land.

It brought the wolves in to eat the cow parts ,then after they had cleaned up the cow parts ,they then started to kill the cows.

Sense then the farmer digs a hole and Barrie's the cow parts no more problems.
    Last edited by hunter1947; 12-06-2009 at 06:52 AM.

BlacktailStalker; I run a trapline now days. Years ago I ran hounds and was a guide outfitter.

Well welcome to HBC, I look forward to your posts.
    Originally Posted by averagejoe
    thats pretty cool. i bet you get close to those cats some time when there low in the tree hey. when do they have kittens?? do you ever see baby cougars in the tree or do they hide in her pouch?

Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle
    ....I guess some peeps think a mother griz is like a crack whore ready to drop her baby at the first church door she sees...funny

best of luck to ya pg will be watching hoping to learn more this year thanks in advance

Good luck to you. Looking forward to the pictures.

I doubt you'll go this far to trap wolves but, I was hunting the Elaho Valley a bit earlier this year and there is a ton of wolf sign in there. lots of coyote sign too. Evey single deer trail I followed, at some point during the trail large K9 tracks intercepted the trail. it was nuts! that the main reason I stopped hunting there.
    He who goes to bed with itchy bum, wakes up with smelly finger.

Quote Originally Posted by M@B View Post
    I doubt you'll go this far to trap wolves but, I was hunting the Elaho Valley a bit earlier this year and there is a ton of wolf sign in there. lots of coyote sign too. Evey single deer trail I followed, at some point during the trail large K9 tracks intercepted the trail. it was nuts! that the main reason I stopped hunting there.
    Thanks!...those doggies will skip up and over to me for sure...will get some of em hopefully!!

2 weeks ago North creek was full of wolf and cougar sign. Lots of pressure. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by donp View Post
    2 weeks ago North creek was full of wolf and cougar sign. Lots of pressure. Good luck.
    How high was the wolf sign??....could you tell if they were travelling or hunting??..if travelling , up valley? down ?..I'll guarantee I will get some of those dogs!