Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolf Trapping Thread 2010

Wolf Trapping Thread 2010

Heeeere weeeee goooooo !!!!

OK....I'm at it ! It all starts now.

My snares / traps have been hanging since last April untouched. The sled is in the truck and tuned up , now all I need is bait!

Bait to date : few deer carcass's , one bucket of old rotton fish guts/tails rotting since last july outside , one beaver , couple deer skulls and apperantly a pile of freezer burnt game meat....as well , a farmer phoned me last week to ask where I wanted an old dead cow dropped...she is sleeping / patiently waiting for the Ryan River pack to come around ( less 5 of their members from last winter).

So....one thing that may assist is some news from region 2 hunters that hunted the Pemberton Valley ( preferrably North Creek/Hurley/Meager area ) who may have come across some wolf sign ...please let me know!...maybe pm me to save on the multiple pages that are to be stacking on here if you have some solid info !!!

Many pics to follow , hard earned knowledge to share and take in...

Last fall saw 9 wolves killed....yr before 7 , yr before 3. Last fall was a great year for gaining even more knowledge and I am now setting the bar for TWENTY WOLVES down this season by spring 2010.
    HBC member has offered up permission to trap his two lines wich brings my total to 5 different lines to trap wolves on this fall....this will help BIGTIME !!
    Our local club pitched in some $ as well to go towards the cause...not a lot but it feels great to have some kind of donations !!...the costs add up LOTS by the end of the season and wolves dont make you $.
    Maybe if I get a huge one or two I could raffle em off to create trapping funds??

I have a few places in mind to get the gear into early...maybe hang some small baits for scent and see if we can get some quick kills!!!
    Wish me luck! ( I am working like crazy as well so pics and reports will be slow for the start)

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Wolf Trapping Thread 2010

Good luck this year, looking forward to the updates

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

Between you and Roebuck, it should be a wicked year for wolf kills!! Good luck men!! Moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

Good luck Steve!! Lay a beating on them dogs!! Sure need more wolf trappers in reg 5!! Seen more wolf sign than deer this year.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Ha ha get it? Posted!

There's a bunch near Squampton behind Furry Ck.
    Wish you could get those ones.

Good idea on the raffle. Get some nice pelts, and maybe a taxi would give you a cut rate on tanning....
    Pay the taxi, donate a little to HBC, and the rest for expenses.
    I'm sure there's lots here that would buy a ticket/bid in an auction for a primo wolf pelt that helps the cause as well!

Good luck ProGuide!

Thumbs up Re: Wolf Trapping Thread 2010

Steve I will be looking forwards to your post and pic this year ,your thread last year on wolf trapping was as good as they come ,good luck on this years wolf trapping .

Goodluck! I too look forwarding to following this post all winter long. I read through all of last years and it was awesome!

I will take what I can from you and next winter after I get my trapping license try to apply it.

Again good luck and hope you reach your goal and more!

I heard that wolves are very suspicious of cold red meat, they won't eat it if it isn't warm. BUT I was told that they will take cold chicken, for some reason they arn't suspicous of cold chicken.

Not sure if its true but I've heard guys using that trick.
    -Lightweight gunaholic
    -Half of a Human Pinata
    -Bear Kung-Fu Master
    -Gatherer of the Elk meat

Looking forward to the first kill!