Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Importing a bow into canada

Re: Importing a bow into canada

Quote Originally Posted by hardnocks View Post
    if you buy a bow mail order from states do you expect the local shop to service and do the warrenty work.
    Yes! They still get paid to do the servicing. And if they won't warranty it for you report them to the manufacturer. There is no reason for them not to. If they are reputable they won't have a problem with you giving them buisness. Unless you were rude about it and bought the bow mail order to save $20 they might be upset about it... but if you saved $200 or if it was a model they didn't carry it shouldn't be a problem.

Bow Walker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hardnocks View Post
    if you buy a bow mail order from states do you expect the local shop to service and do the warrenty work.
    If you take your new toy to a shop that is a dealer of that brand - you will be able to get your warranty work done. If the shop is not a dealer of that particular brand - it will cost you each and every time, unless the shop tech is doing you a favor and looking for future business from you.

so i am still asking is it worth it .? you guys are dreaming if you think any of our canadian archery importers are going to pay for any parts for a bow bought stateside .

I don't understand why you would say that... Say you bring an older bow in for service that you have had for a longer time, that you didn't buy at the shop. Are they going to send you away and say "you didn't buy it here so we aren't going to touch it!" I would be going to another proshop. If you bring a bow in for repairs, why would they care where you bought it?

I'd say yes it is worth it. I bought a bow fully loaded from an outfit across the line a couple years ago. all in it cost me around $700 to my door. If I did the same thing from a shop localy it would have cost me well over $1000.

I got it from huntersfriend.

I work in a pretty busy hunting and fishing store . that's what i do i fix and set up bows. if you bring in an old bow i will fix it no question. but if you bring in a 2 month old hoyt with busted limbs and want warranty. first thing i would do is contact monsons. if your proof of purchase is from hunters friend. the answer you will get is send it back where you bought it. not from me but monsons.

as an authorized dealer ... not by Monsens ... but by Hoyt ... you can order parts direct from hoyt ...whole bows you have to go through distributer ...in Hoyts case Monsons .... but parts you can go direct
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask